Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cold laminator with reel (feed and take up) for rolled up "continuous" print  (Read 774 times)

henrikolsen

I'm looking for a bigger (cold) laminator than 24", and was thinking I might have a look at the added feature of print spools (both as supply and take up after lamination), so I can laminate more effectively than single sheets. The DryTacs I know of, like the JM24 and JM44, don't have this feature, only spools for laminate itself, and a single set only, no sandwich. Can you recommend some models with this feature for handling a spool of rolled up print media, that you have had good experience with?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:45:52 am by henrikolsen »

henrikolsen

Re: Cold laminators with print spools
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 06:43:35 am »

Perhaps I haven't been succesful at describing my wish, so I'll try a slightly different wording.

What I'm looking for is a laminating machine capable of having already printed media fed from a roll/spool in the case I have a take-up reel/spool on the roll printer, and have xx meters of printed material rolled up, that I want, in one continuous go, to over laminate. Could be a single long piece, or a bulk print / lamination job for later individual cutting and mounting. So the laminator needs to have support for both being fed the printed material, and for taking/rolling up the laminated result - plus of course roll support for laminate and release paper itself.

Preferably with support for either 44" or 60" depending on what printer I settle on.

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre

Easymount and Seal seem to be the most common in the signmaking industry, where what you are looking at is a common requirement. At which point, you might also want to consider heated rollers, which can help to reduce silvering.

I've not used either, as still working with a JM44, but once that dies, I'll be looking for a little heat!

henrikolsen

Thanks, Richard. I'll check availability in Europe, and consider if I should also aim for a little heat support, which of course could always be a nice safety net if silvering sneaks in - although my room temp should generally be ok for used media.

Now that we're at it. Has anyone seen a laminator with build-in silicone roller for dust removal? I've thought about the increasing difficulty, as prints get bigger, of applying my manual, but still effective, antidust silicone roller right before lamination. It would be great if the laminator had a support for lightly pressing a similar antidust roller against the print material right before intake for over lamination. Of course it should be possible to clean it when needed. Been done already, or need to be done as a DIY project?

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print

I am considering buying a 1200mm wide manual laminator to mount large prints, from the pro-4000, on dibond etc. from Zenith art system in Germany. They are also selling auto laminators. I don't know if they meet your requirements. Check here:
https://www.zenith-art-system.de/en/our-products/machinery/

henrikolsen

Thanks. I use some of their materials already and know of their manual laminators. It's a different route than a motorised solution with take-up spools, but I have it as an option in mind still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up