Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad X Announcement on 6/19  (Read 8550 times)

Joe Towner

Hasselblad X Announcement on 6/19
« on: June 18, 2019, 04:20:32 pm »

I really hope Hasselblad can generate some excitement around what ever they're announcing. 
t: @PNWMF

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Hasselblad X Announcement on 6/19
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 04:54:19 pm »

I hope so as well but I have read several comments that a 100mp X1D should not be expected.

I hope these are not factual.

I’d be happy if an H7D were part of the story but have little hope here too...

Cheers,
Bernard

onasj

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 09:03:06 pm »

- XCD zoom lens (long awaited)
- Black X1D mark 2
- V1D (!!!), black with chrome trim, a modern digital V that uses XCD lenses

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 09:15:48 pm »

- Black X1D mark 2

Do you know the specs of these 2 cameras? Body color and presence of chrome is probably the one spec I care about least. :)

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard

hexx

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 02:36:58 am »

- Black X1D mark 2

I’d like to see if V1D will be announced and at what price. Was intrigued by the prototype. If Hasselblad’s twitter feed is anything to go by, there’s a chance of something like that, although a small one.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:24:47 am by mcbroomf »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 08:30:55 am »

I really hope Hasselblad can generate some excitement around what ever they're announcing.

They have. Pricing is finally reasonable and the used ones will bring in new users.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 09:07:02 am »

Hum...

Cheers,
Bernard

BAB

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 10:51:26 am »

Love the new EVF and new LCD brings the camera partially into a 2019 solution for me. Still on the fence about the usability of the AF, bracketing still an issue as well as Phocus Mobile very basic.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

hasselbladfan

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 10:59:56 am »

I am not in the 100MP league, so a better EVF / screen and a new CFV (with incorporated battery) will make my day. Just wish it would have come 2 years ago.  8)

The fact they call it 907 X, would this mean a 907 H will be coming for the HC lenses?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:50:34 am by hasselbladfan »

Joe Towner

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 11:28:57 am »

I'm mixed at best with these announcements.  The X1D was announced 3 years ago, and this one is the same sensor, but with a faster cpu and better screen.  You have to wonder how many times they've pulled it back as it wasn't ready to announce - like every time the 'discontinued' status showed up on B&H/etc.  The USB-C is nice, but I am not seeing the ports on the camera & the lack of a wired shutter release until earlier this year was beyond frustrating (still not sure I can plug it into 2.5mm trigger).

The CFV II 50c is an interesting idea, especially with the plate 'camera' to accept the X1D glass. I make a point of acknowledging every V shooter I see, and I haven't seen many in the past few years. I expect it's the same landscape orientation only as in previous CFV's.  One thing they should steal from Phase/Fuji is the idea of baking different film emulsions in camera.  I hope the back is the same price as the X1D II - $5,750 - and the 907 plate is $500ish.

The biggest issue is I don't see how this camera body will get them from the 50mp to the 100mp sensor. Then again, would they take the X platform to 100mp without the H being at 150mp or better?

Please Hasselblad, going silent for so long is not good for anyone.  Keep talking, keep innovating, keep shipping & don't forget the H platform.

-Joe

Joe Towner

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 11:36:40 am »

The fact they call it 907 X, would this mean a 907 H will be coming for the HC lenses?

I'm thinking they'll rely on the XH adapter for $350.  The XV adapter for $250 looks like it may be the real winner with these announcements - V looking back, V glass, without a temperamental body in the middle. A bag of a V body, film back, CVF II back, 907 plate w/XV adapter & a few lenses would cover every possibility & not be too heavy.

pschefz

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 11:49:44 am »

glad there actually is an announcement....XD II sounds....ok...ish...biggest problem is that the fuji is probably still the faster at least as good camera for a lot less....
I just really think they should have come up with something to really make it exciting....some AF improvement....46% faster startup time is a joke....the XD1 might as well have a hand crank attached....rear LCD looks great but overall its the same sensor that at this point just isn't that much better then high end mirrorless....
really like the new back, we will see how much that is....

i would buy into the system if it had AF PD, 4fps...the size and the iPad tether (finally!!!!) is great and as much as i like HSS, central shutter makes things easier.....but not at the cost of all other short comings....

also: XD II + 35-75 is the same price as GFX100 + 32-64.....yes, not comparable in size and weight (although the 35-75 lens looks way too big for the XD body)....but there is just no comparing this XD II to the gfx 100...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:53:44 am by pschefz »
schefz.com
artloch.com

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 02:37:11 pm »

So what is the shutter lag?

Edmund

glad there actually is an announcement....XD II sounds....ok...ish...biggest problem is that the fuji is probably still the faster at least as good camera for a lot less....
I just really think they should have come up with something to really make it exciting....some AF improvement....46% faster startup time is a joke....the XD1 might as well have a hand crank attached....rear LCD looks great but overall its the same sensor that at this point just isn't that much better then high end mirrorless....
really like the new back, we will see how much that is....

i would buy into the system if it had AF PD, 4fps...the size and the iPad tether (finally!!!!) is great and as much as i like HSS, central shutter makes things easier.....but not at the cost of all other short comings....

also: XD II + 35-75 is the same price as GFX100 + 32-64.....yes, not comparable in size and weight (although the 35-75 lens looks way too big for the XD body)....but there is just no comparing this XD II to the gfx 100...
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Gary Mulcahey

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 04:35:19 pm »

....but there is just no comparing this XD II to the gfx 100...

Unless you need/want a leaf shutter. Different tools for different jobs. I was looking at the Fuji and was seriously considering it. I like it. But this new Blad has me thinking. Not that money is not an object but you need the tools that suite your work and make your life easier and the leaf shutter does it for me.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 04:59:35 pm »

Unless you need/want a leaf shutter. Different tools for different jobs. I was looking at the Fuji and was seriously considering it. I like it. But this new Blad has me thinking. Not that money is not an object but you need the tools that suite your work and make your life easier and the leaf shutter does it for me.

Just use the H adapter for the GFX if you need leaf shutter lenses. A second hand HC 100mm can be bought very cheap and is an amazing portait lens with a sweet look that is also compact and light.

Cheers,
Bernard

pschefz

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 05:36:01 pm »

you are correct....and there are 2 reasons i will look at it...i tried the XD1 when it came out and was really disappointed with the camera (and the lenses).....
i do shoot athletes on location and HSS works great BUT shooting 5fps AND HSS is tricky....using large modifiers and battery powered studio lights...HSS is no issue whatsoever 1fps or slower.....but at 1/1000s or faster at f5.6 of f8 with a large octa 6-8ft from the subject...in california sun...it gets difficult....
that is where LS is still king....BUT 2.7 fps is not really fast enough and AF is still pretty slow or unusable for these shoots....so it is great that the shutter and the flash can keep up but in reality 2.7 fps is probably just too slow and AF won't cut it (a lot of these sets can be manual focus, but once you are used to A7RIII like AF ease and speed.....)
iPad tethering is something i have been dreaming about and its finally here.....but it will probably come to C1 as well (pretty soon i hope)

and the price.....great that the body is more affordable....and i do like the back as well...seems like a nice combo to have....but lenses are crazy expensive...and i shot with a few....its not like they are in any way exceptional.....i would rate fuji glass higher overall and what sony is doing with their GM glass is wonderful.....and both fuji and sony are a lot cheaper.....

50mpix is enough for me, easier to handle anyway....
i guess it will come down to a sony announcement with a new sensor that will have higher DR, better high ISO, higher mpix count along with even better AF and all that will in the end make a better package, even if it means getting a math degree to fine tune HSS, flash power settings, exposure and f stop to get it all right for enough light at a fast enough exposure at 3-5fps...and never have to worry about focus again...ever...all tethered to iPad with C1 of course....for a fraction of the cost.....
schefz.com
artloch.com

Dan Wells

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 11:38:02 am »

Why is everything still tied to the old 50 MP sensor? It's not even that it's 50 MP, which is plenty for most things - it's that it's an old, pre-BSI sensor. A fully modern 50-75 MP MF sensor could avoid the premium pricing associated with the 100 MP sensor, which may also have cooling questions (the big body of the GFX100 is partially to hold the IBIS unit, but I thought I had also read that power and cooling were part of it). Of course, Sony doesn't make a modern 33x44mm sensor other than the 100 MP, and there may not be the market demand for one.

There are presently four problems for any camera introduced using the 50 MP sensor - Z7, A7rIII,S1r, D850. Any of the four is capable of essentially the same image quality, with many more body features, and potentially a much more compact system. Hasselblad does have leaf-shutter lenses, an advantage in some applications. When (not if) a 65ish MP FF camera shows up using a slice of the 100 MP sensor (which is itself a slice of the 150 MP Phase One sensor, and the 26 MP sensor in the X-T3 is a small slice from one of these), it will almost certainly have better image quality than the old 50 MP sensor. From Sony's viewpoint, they'd rather make four physical sizes of the same sensor than an old sensor on an old process that competes in image quality with the very best of sensors one size smaller.

I almost wonder if the 50 MP sensor is already out of production - but Sony made a lot of them for some reason (maybe a big, later cancelled order for something we don't think of as a camera?), and they're sitting on a shelf somewhere, selling cheaply.

faberryman

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 11:49:26 am »

There are presently four problems for any camera introduced using the 50 MP sensor - Z7, A7rIII,S1r, D850. Any of the four is capable of essentially the same image quality, with many more body features, and potentially a much more compact system.
Is a lesser magnification with a  MF sensor for the same size print no advantage over FF?

pschefz

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 01:40:26 pm »

Why is everything still tied to the old 50 MP sensor? It's not even that it's 50 MP, which is plenty for most things - it's that it's an old, pre-BSI sensor. A fully modern 50-75 MP MF sensor could avoid the premium pricing associated with the 100 MP sensor, which may also have cooling questions (the big body of the GFX100 is partially to hold the IBIS unit, but I thought I had also read that power and cooling were part of it). Of course, Sony doesn't make a modern 33x44mm sensor other than the 100 MP, and there may not be the market demand for one.

There are presently four problems for any camera introduced using the 50 MP sensor - Z7, A7rIII,S1r, D850. Any of the four is capable of essentially the same image quality, with many more body features, and potentially a much more compact system. Hasselblad does have leaf-shutter lenses, an advantage in some applications. When (not if) a 65ish MP FF camera shows up using a slice of the 100 MP sensor (which is itself a slice of the 150 MP Phase One sensor, and the 26 MP sensor in the X-T3 is a small slice from one of these), it will almost certainly have better image quality than the old 50 MP sensor. From Sony's viewpoint, they'd rather make four physical sizes of the same sensor than an old sensor on an old process that competes in image quality with the very best of sensors one size smaller.

I almost wonder if the 50 MP sensor is already out of production - but Sony made a lot of them for some reason (maybe a big, later cancelled order for something we don't think of as a camera?), and they're sitting on a shelf somewhere, selling cheaply.
this
schefz.com
artloch.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up