Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prices for used IQ380  (Read 1899 times)

felix5616

Prices for used IQ380
« on: June 06, 2019, 06:52:56 am »

what are typical prices for used phase one IQ380 backs?

Christoph B.

Re: Prices for used IQ380
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:25:01 am »

I'd say somewhere between 15.000-20.000 € depending on the condition and age.

If you buy it refurbished from PhaseOne/Dealers it will be a bit more but with some sort of warranty.

Second hand backs keep their value much better than new backs - in 2015 I bought a 2nd hand P65+ including the 645DF+, Schneider 80mm LS with batteries and so on for about 7.500€ with a 1 year warranty.

I recently sold the back for 5.000, the 645DF+ for 600, Schneider 80mm for 400 and the batteries for 200 - so all in all it kept its value quite well.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 11:50:13 am »

what are typical prices for used phase one IQ380 backs?

Quote from: felix5616
When using a phase one IQ3 100 wifi connection to check on captured images what software do you use on an ipad to view the images?

trying to decide between an IQ 260 and an IQ3 50

Anyone use a Schneider 47mm XL lens with a phase one IQ350?

which wide angle cambo tech lenses work well with a Cambo IQ3 50 back

Which CMOS medium format back on a Cambo Tech Camera is the most forging when it comes to lens selection and stitching?

Where is the (drum) scanner located? what is included with the scanner. I link to a video of the scanner running would help sell it

Location? (of the FS: 80mp dig LEAF Credo back, Area Swiss Monolith 6x9 view camera, 5 lenses.)

When using a phase one IQ3 100 wifi connection to check on captured images what software do you use on an ipad to view the images?

Decided to sell my fuji GFX gear, all mint.

Can phase one backs(IQ1 series) shoot tethered with a USB cable to an Ipad

any warranty remaining on the back? (Leaf Credo 60)

Appreciate the feedback I am considering getting back into MF with an IQ160

what is a reasonable price for a used Phase one IQ 160 with a basic warranty?

I would like to hear from anyone using a pentax 645Z and the Pentax 35mm lenses

any warranty on the back? (IQ 260)

Any remaining warranty on the back since the repair? (IQ180)

Did this ever sell? (Seitz 6x17 Digital Camera)

Quite the journey you've been on in the last few years! Might I ask, in all this time, with all this research, have you had the chance to actually work with a Phase One back?

If not, I really genuinely think you should visit a dedicated dealer and play with the range of options, or arrange a rental-toward-purchase shipped to you. You'd learn more about your options, your preferences, the technical differences/advantages/disadvantages and the reality of using the various Phase One options then you'll learn over years worth of forum questions. You may find that a P1 camera is exactly what you want/need; you may find it's not your cup of tea. But you'd avoid buying a system and then selling it soon after, as you did with the GFX (from what I gather from your posts).

At this point, having watched your journey for a few years, I'd volunteer to drive out to you, if it weren't for the newborn baby back home screaming for me (or screaming at me? or just screaming? I haven't quite worked it out).

In any case, I find it hard to believe that the sweet spot for your needs is specifically an IQ3 80mp. An IQ180, IQ2 60mp, IQ2 50mp, IQ3 50mp, an IQ1 100mp, or an IQ3 100mp all would seem to be more likely candidates depending on how fungible your budget is (an IQ4 150mp of course, if the budget is not an issue) based on what I've read from you over the years.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 11:57:39 am by Doug Peterson »

felix5616

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 07:00:39 am »

i have use a phase one P30+, a P45+ and an IQ160 up to 2012. A year ago i purchased a Fuji GFX 50S with the 23mm lens.  Whole i like to camera and images I no longer enjoy the electronic menus. I have a Cambo WRS 1250 and a Rodi 40mm lens.  I would like that to be my landscape camera, slower, more deliberate and far less complicated in terms of menu. Price is always a concern but i would like long exposure.
I even considered an IQ260 Apochromatic but that is not likely going to happen. I would also like wifi for checking focus and composition on an 11" ipad.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 08:13:57 am »

i have use a phase one P30+, a P45+ and an IQ160 up to 2012. A year ago i purchased a Fuji GFX 50S with the 23mm lens.  Whole i like to camera and images I no longer enjoy the electronic menus. I have a Cambo WRS 1250 and a Rodi 40mm lens.  I would like that to be my landscape camera, slower, more deliberate and far less complicated in terms of menu. Price is always a concern but i would like long exposure.
I even considered an IQ260 Apochromatic but that is not likely going to happen. I would also like wifi for checking focus and composition on an 11" ipad.

The fact you have prior Phase One experience is very helpful to remote shopping but a lot has happened in the 9 years since you last had a P1 back in hand. It's especially valuable, in my opinion, to see a back with CMOS and ES, as these fundamentally improve the way you work with a P1 back on a tech camera.

An IQ3 100mp would be an enormous boon to using a tech camera regardless of whether you tether or wirelessly review. On the other end of the price spectrum an IQ1 60mp with a Microsoft Surface and USB could provide similar review capability to an IQ2 or IQ3 with an iPad via wifi.

Seeing these options side by side is the only way I think you'll really get a handle on which works for you and which is worth their costs.

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 01:04:40 pm »

I would also like wifi for checking focus and composition on an 11" ipad.

As you may know, CCD live view is not as good as the CMOS live view. The colors are way off and the battery drains quickly. If you want to use WiFi connection to validate your focus and composition, that is another power hungry function on the back. If you go this road, and you would like to enjoy a whole day without battery issues, you should consider to buy a couple of extra.

/Tamas

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 06:40:25 pm »

As has been previously mentioned, if you are looking at a CCD used, then consider the 160 (260 is a waste of time as it never really gave a good worth while 1 hour exposure as the P45+ did ) I owned one, I made the mistake of upgrading from the 160.   You can tether the 160 to a surface pro 2,3  or current with C1 and get excellent review on the screen of the surface.  The LiveView, on any CCD back, is pretty much worthless outdoors even with a huge ND filter installed, but can be used to some degree indoors.  Wifi via an adhoc connection for Capture Pilot on the 260 was not the best, never worked that well had a lot of disconnects, slow to transfer. 

The 50MP CMOS back, in a 150, 250 (original P1 CMOS back) or 350 would be worth consideration.  The 350 might have the same wifi capabilities as the IQ3100 which were excellent for Capture Pilot connection via adhoc.  But I don't know if P1 ever upgraded the firmware to allow this.  Liveview on any of the 50MP backs is top end, excellent, and review on the same screen is again excellent.  50MP back uses a similar sensor to the sensor on the Fuji, (Fuji used a different microlens design) but it's the same basic chip.  Excellent high ISO, and DR.

IQ3100 still IMO was the best back P1 made.  Everything just worked and worked very well.  LiveView, and preview on the LCD easy to use.  Wifi worked excellent, fast solid connection via adhoc and Capture Pilot could be easily used for Viewing LiveView, shutter release, and slow but OK review of the images.  The Capture Pilot app, never truly respected the iPhone resolution (respected is a Apple term) so images aren't as sharp as when viewed on a tethered solution.  But setting up the shot via Capture Pilot was invaluable.  As close to a tilting screen option as you could get.

IQ4, is still lacking any type of Capture Pilot ability, any type of Adhoc connection (odds are never will), less then stellar Live View (doesn't have the same level of contrast as previous CMOS backs at least for me) Exposure Simulation Liveview can't be used in low light due to frame rate and Auto Live View can't handle normal daytime light as it constantly pulses. It's now June and you still can't review a portrait oriented image on the IQ4.  But it still has an amazing ability to work with Tech camera lenses, (especially wides) unlike any previous P1 back I know of or have used. 

Hope you find a back that works for your needs.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up