Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hanging Printed Artwork  (Read 715 times)

FoxLab

Hanging Printed Artwork
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:51:32 am »

Hi all,

Long time watcher first time poster! I have a client that is wanting to exhibit 16 very large images (100x160cm). The printing of the images is no problem, the issue i have it the client wants to be able to display them without frames and suspended from the ceiling. I have explained to her the risks of people touching the artwork as the public will be able to freely walk around the displays and the prints will have no protection on them. The issue i am facing is how do i suspend the work without the use of frames? An image printed at that size on say 310gsm paper ( stock yes to be decided) is going to be heavy and without any support im worried the work will fall!

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am thinking Canvas might be a better alternative due to the fact we can protect it better and it might be a stronger stock to use for hanging?

mearussi

Re: Hanging Printed Artwork
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:11:01 am »

I would use canvas either laminated or coated with water based spray then mounted on Gatorboard.  This will be lightweight, ridged and durable.

John Nollendorfs

Re: Hanging Printed Artwork
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 12:49:46 pm »

I've used 1/2"- 3/4" Plastic conduit, or water pipe; cut to desired length and slit on table saw and painted flat black. Attach a piece of crack and  peel foam core to RC print to keep them in the chanel. I've displayed both 190 gsm RC paper and Canvas prints that have been sprayed. To hang from ceiling, simply attach wire or monofiliment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up