Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basiccolor cease trading  (Read 8578 times)

lhodaniel

Re: Basiccolor cease trading
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 10:04:12 pm »

I hope they continue, especially with Basiccolor Display. I'm using v5 right now with my PA322 as it gives much better profiles than Spectraview II. SVII does not work as well with this monitor as it did with my old PA241. Adding insult to injury, SVII cannot be used at the normal 150% scaling on Windows for a 4k display. The calibration window goes off-screen. It works at 100%, but then it's impossible (at my age) to read the dialogs and reports. Really NEC? You sold a $3000 display and never updated the software to work properly under the most popular OS? SMH.

If only Argyll/CMS could run NEC LUTs...(hint, hint).

Lloyd

Dinarius

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 07:43:56 am »

Just discovered that it's now available here>

https://dtculturalheritage.com/basiccolor-software/

You have to email for a price.

D.

DesW

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 02:38:20 pm »

Hi, Something is strange with the Basiccolor Website setup at present--I've used it since 4.1 Version and just recently upgraded to the V6.

Had login problems to the site(still locked out!)-could not get the software to get past Purchase even though I'd paid my Euro.

Finally I was sent download key ex the site and loaded it but have had no joy establishing a decent and SAVEABLE  Profile!- all I get is ERROR and Failed

Validation etc.

I cannot understand why my Email  for answers are not being replied to via Email support--not even to get new password.

All was Kosher with support up till my troubles above --now Nix/nada to my bleating--maybe they are pissed with me.

Anyway that my tale of woe --oh if I could only get it working --it is the best  if not up there--Calibration software available.

Woe is Moi!

Des

MichaelKoerner

• www.medien-atelier.at
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2019, 04:55:26 pm »

All was Kosher with support up till my troubles above --now Nix/nada to my bleating--maybe they are pissed with me

Hi Des,

I purchased my version 6 via Kruegercolor in Germany. I also ran into some poblems with the software (looks like recoded by original BasICColor developers, shows some child deseases).

Dr. Krüger answered my questions thoroughly and provided me with some updates in the last weeks. I suppose he is in close contact with the developers. Perhaps he can help you out, too: jkrueger@dr-juergen-krueger.de

Regards,
Michael

DesW

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2019, 12:36:38 am »

Hi Michael,Thank you for the contact I'll follow up on that --Appreciated

Thank you,

DesW

Dinarius

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2019, 05:28:01 am »

Or try Neil Barstow at https://www.colourmanagement.net/

They are also agents for the software.

It seems very much still alive, just not via the original website, for some reason.

D.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up