Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: May software sales: Move fast  (Read 2662 times)

faberryman

Re: May software sales: Move fast
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2019, 04:01:08 pm »

And we could call this section LuLu Rumors and everyone can have their affiliate links here too.

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2019, 06:31:29 pm »

Maybe this goes with the territory... if you banned everybody who is an influencer, trader or moonlighting commercial rep from this "for sale" board or posting elsewhere on this forum, how many posts would there be left?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:35:35 pm by lowep »

faberryman

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2019, 06:54:48 pm »

Maybe this goes with the territory... if you banned everybody who is an influencer, trader or moonlighting commercial rep from this "for sale" board or posting elsewhere on this forum, how many posts would there be left?
Just members who want to sell a camera or lens.

chez

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2019, 07:59:56 pm »

I really have no idea what you're getting so worked up about. If anyone wants to buy the Topaz plugins, they can do it through his site. They win, because the discount is greater than obtainable elsewhere (presumably); he wins, because he gets a commission; and Topaz wins (again, presumably, but otherwise they wouldn't bother with the affiliate programme) by selling more copies of their software.

It is not comparable to commercial advertising. Sometimes purism can overtake reality, and this is one of those times. Use of hyperbole such as "prostituting your members" is silly, unhelpful and leads inevitably to comments about arousal.

I shall continue to exercise my discretion as I see fit. Thus far, my intellect has not been taxed.

Jeremy

Well it's also not comparable to private sales. Maybe rather than using your "intellect barometer" as a way to determine what is and is not acceptable here...you spell it out in words for all to read. I for one am lost as what I'm seeing is commercial advertising...not private selling...please spell it out.

chez

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2019, 08:20:34 pm »

Here is a snippet from the description of the "For Sale" board:

"A place to list items for sale. No commercial ads allowed. No 'silent' auctions; asking price should be stated."

Note the No commercial ads allowed. Please tell me what the original post is if not a commercial ad.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2019, 02:36:05 am »

Please tell me what the original post is if not a commercial ad.

A notice of discount.

It's not about any single one brand or product. Yes, there may be a commercial side interest by linking to his own site, which is a privilege he earned for being on this site for over a hundred years. Once you guys are here this long, you may perhaps have earned similar privileges. Make sure you have something useful to contribute other than whining about how this site is run, and I'm sure you'll be able to provide the rest of us with useful product discount links soon enough.

Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Balafre

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2019, 05:42:05 pm »

I shall continue to exercise my discretion as I see fit. Thus far, my intellect has not been taxed.

I doubt it ever has been or ever will be!

faberryman

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2019, 05:49:46 pm »

I doubt it ever has been or ever will be!
It doesn't take much of an intellect to know that it is a commercial ad. It is not a question of intellect. That's a red herring. Jeremy has determined that the rules don't apply to this member, and, having taken that stance and been challenged, can't back down. It is not about the merits. Never has been.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 07:06:50 pm by faberryman »

Balafre

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2019, 06:04:06 pm »

Mr Roussak, please answer this which I have asked previously and others have also referred to:

Please simply tell us what criteria you use to determine that 'plugsnpixel's posts are acceptable in the context of the 'Members: For Sale' section. With this clarity, others can follow your guidelines too.

Thank you.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2019, 03:10:23 am »

As I have already made perfectly clear, I use my own discretion. I will not define rules; the notion that such definitions are required has a place in primary school, where participants cannot be expected to behave without them, but none in a discussion group populated by adults. I will recognise that which is unacceptable when I see it, and so will, or should, you.

This discussion is now closed.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up