Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently Introduced Service Offer from Epson  (Read 4915 times)

ShirleyB

Re: Recently Introduced Service Offer from Epson
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 06:52:27 pm »

Well, It didn't go well.  The One Time Service Offer is only for the US.  They said that yes a lot of Canadians had asked for it, and they may change the policy in the future, but not available now. I pushed the guyI was talking to go to someone senior up higher and he did but the guys up stairs wouldn't do anything. I did the whole Do you know how many Epson printers I've had to have heads changed on? I've had Epson printers starting in 2004.  So, I'm paying $3550 plus tax 13% plus maybe travel time at $175 per hour Canadian for the technician from Decision One to fix my printer.  I did get a10% discount on the parts.  They have technicians in Toronto now, I used to have to go across the border to a Detroit to get repairs.  FYI $3550 cdn =US $2612.00. That includes the cost for all possible parts, I think it’s the head, they will take off the bill any parts not needed.  Are we not finished with the year 2020 yet?  Sigh!

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2020, 05:10:53 am »

Oh that is miserable.  So sorry to hear that.  I hope the repair goes well.

While my repair went well I have been seeing missing nozzles ~ every other day, or 2 out of 3 days.  It's always cleaned up after a single normal clean on the specific colours and it's been various (but not all) colours.  My original head pretty much never showed signs of clogging and I occasionally left it unused for days at a time, while I'm printing or running the 14 balls test pattern every day without fail.  Temp and humidity or just about perfect.  I'm worried that it will get worse and then fail after the 90 day warranty.  I'll give Epson a call in a few weeks if the behavior doesn't change but I'm not hopeful.

BrianWJH

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2020, 07:50:04 pm »

Hi ShirleyB, hope you're up and running, was the print head the only part replaced?.

Brian.

BrianWJH

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2020, 08:05:43 pm »

Bit confused about the rejection by Epson to provide the One-Time Service Offer in Canada given the following clause in their Terms and Conditions

"This Plan covers the Epson SureColor P-Series 44-inch or Epson Stylus Pro 9900 Printer for one-time, on-site repair services for a Primary Issue if used in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico. A Plan is not transferable. No other services or products are included."

Did you raise this with the Epson

ShirleyB

Re: Recently Introduced Service Offer from Epsonn
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2020, 10:00:24 am »

Hi Brian and Mike     Further... The pump and the head and the damper had to be replaced.  It now works, although like Mike said I have had to do more cleanings. My Cyan went completely out but after 3 cleanings it came back and the light cyan got a few small Blank bits yesterday.  The technician said he thinks the pump went first and that caused the clog.  I was surprised at what a larhge size the pump was and what a small size the head was.  Brian I wil have a look at the terms and conditions, They were adamant it wasn't for Canada. The weird thing is that they still haven't billed me for it, they have my credit card number
I'll look closely at the terms and conditions and see what I can do.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2020, 02:34:04 pm »

Mine seems to have settled down a little.  Getting a minor clog now only once a week or so ... still far more than I was (maybe once every few months).  Still either using it or running a small test print every day, and checking nozzles every day.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up