Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI Gigapixel freezes  (Read 2541 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
AI Gigapixel freezes
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:30:32 am »

I just upgraded to 4.0.3. When I start the program processing an image, after a few seconds both my displays go black for about a second. Then they come back but the GP window is solid white. Task manager tells me that GP is not responding. The only other program running is Lightroom.

I am using Windows 10 with 32GB of RAM. Input is a TIF, 4500x3500 pixels. The previous version of GP worked fine.

Ideas? I have emailed Topaz about this, no response yet.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: AI Gigapixel freezes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 11:08:54 am »

I am using Windows 10 with 32GB of RAM. Input is a TIF, 4500x3500 pixels. The previous version of GP worked fine.

Ideas? I have emailed Topaz about this, no response yet.

Hi Peter,

In the File>Preferences you can select the processing options. You could try reducing the amount of memory used by the GPU, or even try using the CPU mode. This might lead to some insight into what is causing it, and can be useful for the support staff to know.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Arlen

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 05:49:23 pm »

Unless you put GAI into cpu mode, how it runs is very much dependent on your GPU.

-Supporting information moved to another thread:  https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=127505.msg1104899#msg1104899
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 12:45:24 pm by Arlen »

PeterAit

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 06:10:44 pm »

Unless you put GAI into cpu mode, how it runs is very much dependent on your GPU.

[Much deleted]

Thanks, but it seems that you replied to the wrong thread.

PeterAit

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 11:40:24 am »

I went into preferences and changed the processing mode from GPU to CPU, problem solved. I have an old graphics card that Gigapixel does not support. The old version of GP detected this automatically and turned off the GPU mode, but apparently the new version does not.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 12:40:17 pm »

I went into preferences and changed the processing mode from GPU to CPU, problem solved. I have an old graphics card that Gigapixel does not support. The old version of GP detected this automatically and turned off the GPU mode, but apparently the new version does not.

Great, it's nice to have that option of switching between processing units.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Arlen

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 12:44:07 pm »

Thanks, but it seems that you replied to the wrong thread.

I suppose you're right. The initial point was to emphasize how dependent Gigapixel AI is on the GPU, and that may be your problem. But then I went on to provide some data from a very recent test about that dependence, that I thought might be of interest to you or others. But I agree that it's relevance here is minimal, so I'll move it to another more appropriate thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up