Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spring reflections  (Read 1238 times)

stevenfr

• Steven Friedman Landscape Photography
Re: Spring reflections
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 03:32:04 pm »

Thank you Arlen. I agree, The colours are fine for me. To be honest until I start printing the image, the image can change a bit until finished. It might take multiple print strips and proof prints to get a final print. How an image looks as a very small jpeg compared to a final print is very different. I am currently using a Phase One XF IQ4 150 camera. Until  you see these images printed at large sizes you have no idea how amazing they look. The prints are sharp with incredible detail with very smooth colour transitions due to the 16 bit files.

My work is sold in numerous fine art galleries around the world as large prints, and I try and be very careful about the saturation levels in my photographs. I want the images to feel real. I have some of my images that have taken years to get the right conditions to get the image in camera. I used to show my Horseman film slides with my prints when I did shows.

I am ok with anyone that doesn’t like my images. Everybody has an opinion and taste in imagery they like. It is very subjective. I have been very fortunate to have a photographic career selling prints.

This image was short listed for the BBC photo contest numerous years ago. I had to provide the raw file for the image.

Steven
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:54:32 pm by stevenfr »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Spring reflections
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 04:23:51 pm »

Well done, Steven.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up