Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left margin  (Read 2041 times)

John McDermott

Left margin
« on: March 06, 2019, 08:50:09 am »

I recall seeing some discussion a while ago concerning the jamming of text to the left margin. The gist was that the developers were going to try and fix it.

Hasn't happened. All articles are still jammed to the left margin. That IMHO makes them unreadable, thus making this site useless.

Any relief in sight? Don't suggest to me that I adjust my system. It worked perfectly before and needs to again
John E. McDermott

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Left margin
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:54:45 am »

I don't know if this is of any help in identifying whether the problem is with the site or with you, but I don't have such an issue. The text of course does read from left to right, but nothing is jammed to the left. There is a margin of about an inch on my monitor, and it all looks the same as it always did. I am viewing the site on Firefox version 65.0.1, Mac OSX 10.13.6, NEC PA272 display at its native resolution.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 09:24:50 am »

... All articles are still jammed to the left margin. That IMHO makes them unreadable, thus making this site useless...

Oh, come on, man!

#firstworldproblems

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:26:16 am »

I don't know if this is of any help in identifying whether the problem is with the site or with you, but I don't have such an issue. The text of course does read from left to right, but nothing is jammed to the left. There is a margin of about an inch on my monitor, and it all looks the same as it always did. I am viewing the site on Firefox version 65.0.1, Mac OSX 10.13.6, NEC PA272 display at its native resolution.

I'm reading this and the articles on a Windows machine, and I also see about 1 inch left white margin.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 09:56:13 am »

This will be addressed in the (in process) home page redesign.
Apologies to those who’ve found it frustrating.

Josh
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:13:07 am by josh.reichmann »
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

JeanMichel

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 10:43:12 am »

FYI:
On an iMac (27 retina), and Safari.
Margins are restored to what they always were as soon as I simply do a CMD Minus. That action sticks from thereon anytime I open the page.

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 04:15:02 am »

No such problem.  I am running Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge.  I can simulate the issue by zooming to 150%, but at 100% the articles have a healthy LH margin of over 1", and are very readable on my 23" monitor.  Similarly there is no such problem using our iPad and safari.  As I do not experience this issue with 2 different systems, I doubt it is a Lula problem.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

Aram Hăvărneanu

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 05:29:47 am »

I have the same problem as well. Safari on macOS.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 08:13:09 am »

[snip]

P.S.   I wish Apple would stick with multiple connectors on one computer,    We have hundreds of terabytes of data and it seems every two years the main peripheral connectors change, so I can just imagine what software developers, Web designers and third party manufacturers go through.

https://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/6193-surprise-unveiling-of-usb-4-0-and-it-rivals-thunderbolt-3-speeds

IMO

BC

One of my pet peeves. When my 17” MacBook Pro died, and I discovered that the new ones had only USB-C connectors, I asked the fellow at the Apple store for his recommendation on how to connect to the various d vices I use for my work (a P65+, an eSATA Red card reader, and a cabinet full of thunderbolt 2 drives). His answer? “You should get rid of all that old stuff, it’s just not current technology.”
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 10:54:48 am »

One of my pet peeves. When my 17” MacBook Pro died, and I discovered that the new ones had only USB-C connectors, I asked the fellow at the Apple store for his recommendation on how to connect to the various d vices I use for my work (a P65+, an eSATA Red card reader, and a cabinet full of thunderbolt 2 drives). His answer? “You should get rid of all that old stuff, it’s just not current technology.”

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

Peter McLennan

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 11:06:58 am »

Connectors aside, the margin issue remains.  It’s ugly and impairs readability.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 05:36:07 pm »

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

Yes, I know. I now own about $300 worth of various adapters I needed to get my work done. Kind makes a hash out of the clean, mimpnimalist design.  ;)
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up