Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The arts and cultural sector contributed over $763.6 billion to the economy  (Read 2053 times)

Rob C

The prestigious Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) in NYC is 90% funding through private means.  10% or so by the government of NYC not the Federal government that funds the NEA.  There are around 150 museums in NYC.  The NEA I'm sure supports very little of these.  Most art, museums, etc are privately financed in the USA.   If government funding stopped tomorrow, art would continue just fine.  The issue is not government supporting some obscure artist. It's that they fund media programs that unequally support many liberal issues regarding such things as climate change, carbon, social programs, etc.   COnservative viewpoints are marginalized.   Those things should be left to the people's representatives in Congress to decide, not a quasi public entity like the NEA run by liberals and leftists.

Alan, business will never vote for Christmas any more than do the turkeys; it doesn't give a fig what happens to the world as long as that bottom line keeps right on truckin' and, as a conservative-minded guy, it gives me no pleasure to know that. It's just like the guns: the guys who make and promote them feel it will never be their turn to get shot, and they probably don't send their kids to the same kind of schools though some of the Brit ones do, just to make a political point, regardless of the future impact that will have on their poor offspring. They even go so far as to have them eat chain hamburgers or possibly mad-cowed meat on camera. Shit, some of those food(?) companies even advertise their product as food-in-a-bucket (family size!), so make of that what you will, as well as of their measure of client dignity. Unless I'm missing something, and in other families it is the norm to dine from a bucket.  I suppose there's a case to be made for calling that friendly, an intimate extension of the thing about families, that eating together staying together. I wonder how it would go if adopted more widely during the mating game: we knew it was love the moment our fingers touched at the bottom of the spaghetti bucket; she licked my fingers clean and I hers. Bliss.

People's representatives? You mean those guys who line up to climb the political ladder and grease the butts of those on the next rung? Did you know that's the origination of, and purpose of the phrase "ladies first", and the reason women have not been encouraged to wear trousers? But women are seldom as dumb as some men think.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 09:30:15 am by Rob C »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up