Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro 1000 - Support code B209  (Read 2173 times)

PH Focal-Scape

• Focal-Scape Photography
Canon Pro 1000 - Support code B209
« on: March 02, 2019, 08:22:38 pm »

Hello.

A couple of days ago my Canon Pro 1000  produced the following error message: “Support Code B209”.

Prior to the error message being displayed black-and-white prints started showing light horizontal fuzzy bands across the print.

After the problem developed, repeated testing and cleaning operations resulted in the need to replace three of the cartridges.

One of the carriages, the PBK, did not eject when pressed and had to be gently prised out.  Insertion of a full PBK cartridge did not correct the cartridge retention/ejection problem. The new PBK ink cartridge does however show as “Full” in the printer dialogue.

A nozzle chick revealed that the PBK ink is not printing at all

The printer is 2.5 years old and, overall, has had a light to medium print load.

An Internet search has not shed any light on the problem.

I would appreciate hearing if anyone knows what the error code means and how the problem may be fixed.

Thank you.

Regards

Peter

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Canon Pro 1000 - Support code B209
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 08:49:43 pm »

See page 741 of the manual. It says an error requiring a repair has occurred and you need to unplug the printer and call Canon Tech support. They don't offer any more information than that.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

PH Focal-Scape

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 09:11:23 pm »

Thanks Mark.

Yes, I saw that. I am hoping that Canon or others might shed more light on the problem.

See page 741 of the manual. It says an error requiring a repair has occurred and you need to unplug the printer and call Canon Tech support. They don't offer any more information than that.

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 03:29:49 pm »

A couple of days ago my Canon Pro 1000  produced the following error message: “Support Code B209”.

No such message or any message in my case...

Prior to the error message being displayed black-and-white prints started showing light horizontal fuzzy bands across the print.

After the problem developed, repeated testing and cleaning operations resulted in the need to replace three of the cartridges.

Peter

I had a similar problem, read here:
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=125512.0

One of the carriages, the PBK, did not eject when pressed and had to be gently prised out.  Insertion of a full PBK cartridge did not correct the cartridge retention/ejection problem. The new PBK ink cartridge does however show as “Full” in the printer dialogue.

Probably the spring of the mechanism broke. This is what happened on my pro-1000 on the CO ink slot. Now I remove the cartridge with a self adhesive tape. This doesn't affect the operation of the printer.

The printer is 2.5 years old and, overall, has had a light to medium print load.

Mine is the same age too.

PH Focal-Scape

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 04:54:25 pm »

Thanks Panagiotis.

I suspected that the B209 error message might be not be associated with the broken ink cartridge retaining mechanism.

I'm glad to read that the broken mechanism has no effect on printing.

Regards

Peter

No such message or any message in my case...

I had a similar problem, read here:
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=125512.0

Probably the spring of the mechanism broke. This is what happened on my pro-1000 on the CO ink slot. Now I remove the cartridge with a self adhesive tape. This doesn't affect the operation of the printer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up