Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: En sourdine~  (Read 763 times)

Patricia Sheley

En sourdine~
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:34:44 pm »

~
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:09:02 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Ivophoto

Re: sourdine~
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 01:07:21 am »

~

Yes. This is Good.
The more uncomfortable face of winter. I hear the snow cracking under my feet.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: En sourdine~
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 06:53:04 pm »

I love the small version: composition and B&W treatment, the apparent vignette gets. But maybe I’m missing a reference or something, as the large size reveals what appears to be a posturized sky complete with edge effects around the trees etc. There was a time when I found it intriguing.

Maybe that’s the effect you wanted, but I t doesn’t work for me.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 09:01:45 pm »

Actually not a little Terry, but quite a lot as it struggled back from a shallow moonlit snap. It spoke though, so l welcomed its reveal. Will be a good one on which to test the new topaz repair/recovery algorithms.
Here's a piece of soufflé au Chocolat for your suffering.  ;)
A common woman~

francois

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 04:26:30 am »

The soufflé looks like a welcome reward for the cold feet/runny nose you may have gotten!
Francois

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 08:11:42 am »

Actually not a little Terry, but quite a lot as it struggled back from a shallow moonlit snap. It spoke though, so l welcomed its reveal. Will be a good one on which to test the new topaz repair/recovery algorithms.

When I used to tell my late wife that I love her - every day, several times a day - she almost always retorted: it's your stomach speaking!

I hope she was only joking.

:-)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 08:19:38 am »

Beautiful capture...The light is dreamlike. Do you have an extra soufflé au Chocolat for me? I won't tell the others.

From one Pratter to another.

Peter

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 10:02:43 am »

Beautiful capture...The light is dreamlike.
+1
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 12:50:27 pm »

Beautiful capture...The light is dreamlike. Do you have an extra soufflé au Chocolat for me? I won't tell the others.

From one Pratter to another.

Peter

And here I was, innocently thinking only the English had this thing about their establishments!

:-)

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 06:10:57 pm »

"Establishment" does not even dust the surface Rob. All those years ago it is where a young woman full of dreams first was introduced to Brancusi, through her classes in three dimensional design taught by a madman/sculptor, was launched into wild freedom in light and colour by Moholy-Nagy, and just down the street in the kitchen of a small Italia Restaurant learned in the middle of the night to make and form Orecchiette and cavatelli. Everything suddenly became within the realm of possibility and curiosity exploded into flight which carries me to this day. My time there came unexpectedly, but made all the difference.

Strangely Peter, I find putting together and baking excellent soufflés the same sort of almost out of mind / parallel zone experience as painting, writing and photography. I never question where they carry me, or why. (But of course life is always better with Chocolat)  ;) (and never make only one).

The light and moment was indeed exquisite, and wish I could have done it more justice, yet being there for it to unfold was as usual, serendipity. Lumine!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:03:24 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 08:11:32 am »

"Establishment" does not even dust the surface Rob. All those years ago it is where a young woman full of dreams first was introduced to Brancusi, through her classes in three dimensional design taught by a madman/sculptor, was launched into wild freedom in light and colour by Moholy-Nagy, and just down the street in the kitchen of a small Italia Restaurant learned in the middle of the night to make and form Orecchiette and cavatelli. Everything suddenly became within the realm of possibility and curiosity exploded into flight which carries me to this day. My time there came unexpectedly, but made all the difference.

Strangely Peter, I find putting together and baking excellent soufflés the same sort of almost out of mind / parallel zone experience as painting, writing and photography. I never question where they carry me, or why. (But of course life is always better with Chocolat)  ;) (and never make only one).

The light and moment was indeed exquisite, and wish I could have done it more justice, yet being there for it to unfold was as usual, serendipity. Lumine!

If I have one, serious educational regret, it's that I was too much the good, obedient kid when we returned from India to live in Scotland. My two interests were art and English. Unfortunately, the new school I had to go to in order to finish my formal education looked upon art as the province of the less able student, and the family was convinced that maths, science and the other traditionally venerated subjects were far more likely to offer a good future. So, art was out along with my early innocence in justice. As, of course, was art school.

Anyway, as with everything, there is a plus side, because it's where I met my wife-to-be and she made up for that early scholastic disappointment every day of her life. That said, total immersion in something one loves can't be beaten, and picking up stuff as one progresses along the slippery slope is poor, very poor substitute for that total immersion, that baptism by exposure to the real deal. All I could do was read Vogue and the Pop Phot Annuals.

I envy you.

Rob

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 06:06:05 pm »

Merci, Patricia. C’est magnifique!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up