Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin tones on Hasselblad H6D  (Read 2946 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Skin tones on Hasselblad H6D
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2019, 04:11:09 pm »

Thanks to everyone for their feedback!  As a follow up to this, I have modified my workflow to include a ColorChecker Passport in sessions.  I white balance and create a color profile from this and everything is spot on.  For me to get skin tones I am pleased with, using the ColorChecker Passport to create a color profile has been an important addition.
Thanks again,
Greg

As I was one of the color consultants who  provided input to Xrite for Passport, I feel flattered :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

G*

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2019, 12:42:26 pm »

@bcooter:

This is a little off topic, but your post got me thinking: A used S2 + standard lens nowadays costs about the same as a Z7 + lens (and FTZ, depending on where you live). Currently I am more and more disappointed by the lenses for my D800E. For architecture and landscape I like zero distortion, no CA and a creamy bokeh. For convenience I like AF, so I’m not into an Otus … And I have to admit that there’s also springtime GAS and I remember how stunned I was holding a S2 shortly after its debut at a dealer’s. That body felt fantastic!

Here’s the question: Are S-lenses as special as I read every once in a while? Will I be happy with the RAW files at base ISO compared to the CMOS-files of the D800E? Or should I go for a relatively open system, forget about AF (or trust live view magnification) and put some exotic glass on the Z7, like maybe … M-lenses?

Best, Gunnar

tazdog

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2019, 04:08:26 pm »

Skintones can look absolutely fine with any modern camera.
Sample above is not white balanced and red channel is near clipping in the highlights of the face.
Clipping the red channel will have a strong effect on skintones.
I applied some corrections in ACR and attached result for illustration.
Enjoy your H6D;)

Well done
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up