Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 12 & 12.0.1 - 100% crashes  (Read 1675 times)

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
C1 12 & 12.0.1 - 100% crashes
« on: February 02, 2019, 10:56:19 pm »

Hasn't anyone else been experiencing crashes when trying to use C1 12 & 12.0.1??
In C1 12, it crashes after converting the catalog, but before opening it.In C1 12.0.01, it converts the catalog and opens it - I can do any adjustments I want - but when closing, it crashes almost immediately.  I tried just switching catalogs while open but it appears it's the closing of the current catalog, where things are going awry.

The crashes here happen with 100% consistency.Also note that I only trial out C1 at times -- the catalog was still too slow in 11.x for me to get into C1.  But I still hope, for whatever reason.
This is on AMD 1950x Threadripper 16/32-core with 128GB 3000Mhz-memory and Nvidea Quadro P4000 GPU.  (And turning off GPU acc doesn't change matters.)
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: C1 12 & 12.0.1 - 100% crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 07:02:18 am »

Hasn't anyone else been experiencing crashes when trying to use C1 12 & 12.0.1??
In C1 12, it crashes after converting the catalog, but before opening it.In C1 12.0.01, it converts the catalog and opens it - I can do any adjustments I want - but when closing, it crashes almost immediately.  I tried just switching catalogs while open but it appears it's the closing of the current catalog, where things are going awry.

The crashes here happen with 100% consistency.Also note that I only trial out C1 at times -- the catalog was still too slow in 11.x for me to get into C1.  But I still hope, for whatever reason.
This is on AMD 1950x Threadripper 16/32-core with 128GB 3000Mhz-memory and Nvidea Quadro P4000 GPU.  (And turning off GPU acc doesn't change matters.)

Hi,

No crashes on my Win10 configuration. Make sure you have the most recent drivers for your graphics card, and otherwise raise a support ticket with PhaseOne support. Maybe there is a Catalog corruption or something else they can help you fix.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:54:51 am »

Same thing on a Surface Pro 6 even though initially it worked.  I worked with Phase several months and they couldn't figure it out.  I finally went back through my history of Windows updates and it all started with an update that included a graphics driver update for the Intel graphics in the machine.  I rolled back the driver to when I first got the Surface Pro 6 and it has been working ever since.  I know your hardware is very different but I would bet on the graphics driver as the culprit.  It seems C1 12 is super sensitive to the graphics driver.

If you can keep C1P working long enough, one thing that may stop the crashes is to turn hardware acceleration from auto to off  (both of them) in the preferences.  That was the only way I could make my C1P work prior to rolling back the video driver.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 09:27:59 pm »

Thanks guys.  I've been playing around with things more, and have discovered things run fine as long as I set the backup reminder when closing to "Never" - and as long as I don't switch catalogs from within the program (only via the menu when holding alt/opt upon starting).  Then things are peachy.   ::) ;D

I really doubt it's the graphics card/driver, as setting those options to 'never' doesn't affect it.  My system is kind of in a state where I'd rather not reboot right now, but may try for sh*ts & giggles later on (probably should make sure it's updated, regardless).

I did have it send several of it's automated crash reports, so hopefully those here, like David, may be able to have them checked into.  I'm not sure if I want to go via the 'trouble ticket' route yet..  As long as I have a workaround to seemingly successfully tinker around with my 2 ongoing test catalogs for now..
Backups obviously aren't all that important to me in this situation.  ;)
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!
Pages: [1]   Go Up