Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H3D II-31 H3D 31MP Medium Format SLR Camera w/ 80mm f/2.8 HC Lens  (Read 1053 times)

rollsman44

I have used MF cameras in the past and went to Nikon Z6. I wanted a camera that I can have fun with since I am now retired. I know the weight is on the heavy side But I can deal with that especially when I use a tripod to shoot some portraits of family and friends and some landscapes when I travel.   I was looking at this camera and Just this ONE lens . Any suggestions or Why I should not buy this camera and lens?   I know the ISO max is about 400 but thats ok with me. Getting older and need  to maintain the IQ and the MED Format I use to shoot with. Thank you  Also. the prices are down now. about 2700-3200 depending on condition and number of actuations. 

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram

I have used MF cameras in the past and went to Nikon Z6. I wanted a camera that I can have fun with since I am now retired. I know the weight is on the heavy side But I can deal with that especially when I use a tripod to shoot some portraits of family and friends and some landscapes when I travel.   I was looking at this camera and Just this ONE lens . Any suggestions or Why I should not buy this camera and lens?   I know the ISO max is about 400 but thats ok with me. Getting older and need  to maintain the IQ and the MED Format I use to shoot with. Thank you  Also. the prices are down now. about 2700-3200 depending on condition and number of actuations.

You seem to have sold a bunch of MF cameras on this forum -with no buyer complaints-  including a Fuji GFX, two Pentax cameras and lately an H5D40 for a fairly reasonable price of $3550, so I think you're more of a hands-on expert on medium format than most of us here, Doug and Steve excepted.

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=125482.msg1051434#msg1051434

Edmund

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:57:39 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

rollsman44

Yes you are correct. I guess its the Boredom that has made me buy and sell. Crazy ?  Maybe but I know what I need now at this point in my RETIRED life
   I will stay with the Z6 . I will remove this post and I appreciate your response. Take care   Dennis

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram

Yes you are correct. I guess its the Boredom that has made me buy and sell. Crazy ?  Maybe but I know what I need now at this point in my RETIRED life
   I will stay with the Z6 . I will remove this post and I appreciate your response. Take care   Dennis

Personally, I think the old Hassies are interesting objects, and some people even like the "fat pixel" look of the very old 20MP backs :)
But I think the H5D40 you had is probably the most prcatically usable of the old CCD Hassy systems.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

rollsman44

Hi Edmund, you are so right about the Hassy H5D40.  Those prices are still up there and being retired and having very little work to do.I need to find a GREAT deal on one of those. Then I just might look into it.  Thank you for all your responses and Knowledge of the subject.  Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up