Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ4 150 live view issue  (Read 810 times)

frank werner

IQ4 150 live view issue
« on: January 04, 2019, 07:37:22 pm »

Hi all,

I have the problem that when I start Live View with a shutter Speed of 1second or longer the live view is
- either completely black
- or shows an image that is not refreshing- frozen.

This is independent of working with my Alpa STC or the XF.

Is this problem known with the IQ150? Do you have a workaround for this to except starting live view with a fast shutter speed and change it later?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: IQ4 150 live view issue
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:08:41 pm »

Much has been written on this, several posts in this forum and Getdpi.

Reason is Live View for IQ4 is only usable in Exposure simulation, so in low light, the frame rate is way too slow to do anything.  Sunset, Sunrise, low light work not very workable.  The IQ3, did not offer this, (no other P1 IQ backs either) so in low light you could adjust the brightness of the LCD to accommodate the situation.

Supposedly, a firmware update is coming to allow user to select either exposure simulation (what you have now) and or the ability to use the Live as it worked with the IQ3. 

Hopefully soon.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

frank werner

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:03:14 am »

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I knew the thing about the new festure exposure simulation and the absence of the good old show me an usable image variant)

but what I don’t understand is why either the back goes completely dark (even when I have set ISO to 50 or!!! 12800 and time is 4 seconds) or! Like Every second time shows an suggested so low refresh rate that the image looks like frozen but a viewable image.
My problem is the inconsistency of the Back behaviour.

Is this known to?

Thanks
Frank

algrove

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 10:24:37 am »

New adopter issues. They always say the next FW update will fix everything. Let's se what the next FW update solves. Is all I want to see is a complete IQ4150 which works just like my IQ3100 now works and then they can move forward from there with new features. Until then I don't want one.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 10:50:20 am »

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I knew the thing about the new festure exposure simulation and the absence of the good old show me an usable image variant)

but what I don’t understand is why either the back goes completely dark (even when I have set ISO to 50 or!!! 12800 and time is 4 seconds) or! Like Every second time shows an suggested so low refresh rate that the image looks like frozen but a viewable image.
My problem is the inconsistency of the Back behaviour.

Is this known to?

Thanks
Frank

There were some early reports where the only way to use live view at the longer exposure times appears to be you have to crank up the ISO to around 1600 and open the lens as much as it will allow. Then focus via Live View, then reset to you shooting settings.

For me personally this is a show stopper.  Others are ok with the work around.

It just bothers me that P1 felt such a solution was the correct one to roll out to landscape shooters.

If you are using Live View in bright daylight conditions it should work fine. But in low light where frame rate seems to drop way down it becomes very difficult to work with. Also seems to be causing lock ups and hangs. This just the opposite of how the IQ3100 works.

Supposedly firmware in the works to address this.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up