Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: The Changing Landscape  (Read 72552 times)

amolitor

• Contributor
Re: The Changing Landscape
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 11:21:03 am »

Thanks, Chris. Good luck with the endowment! I fervently hope that some funding floodgates open, the endowment deserves it and has proven its worth.

Rand47

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 11:34:08 am »

The members should be more optimistic? Change can be  good and a few months and patience will be needed? ;D

In one sense, I agree re optimism.  But if the ham-fisted way this “transition” was dropped from the sky in the dark of night is any indication, we’re not off to a great start.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 11:37:52 am »

In one sense, I agree re optimism.  But if the ham-fisted way this “transition” was dropped from the sky in the dark of night is any indication, we’re not off to a great start.

Rand

I don't agree that it was ham-fisted. The readers and contributors to this site are not automatically entitled to know about the internal dealings of the site's management.
--
Robert

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 11:42:47 am »

On behalf of Debra and I, we want to wish Josh and Irene the best with Luminous-Landscape.

I would like to thank all the loyal readers and members of the Luminous-Landscape family for your support over the last five years. 

We are onto new endeavors. Stay tuned. All is well.

As mentioned you can follow us on Rockhopperworkshops.com and for any of those who would like to stay in touch you can email me at kwr@rabereyes.com
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 01:07:11 pm by Kevin Raber »
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 01:33:40 pm »

Is Michael Durr staying on with LuLa, or is he also being given the opportunity to move on to greener pastures?

Rado

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2018, 02:06:45 pm »

This is certainly unexpected. Who's going to produce the content now? I want to see more of the Shooting with the masters series and Chris and Kevin did an excellent job there. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication guys.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2018, 02:11:23 pm »

Michael Durr will be staying with me.  We have some projects planned that will be fun to do.   
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2018, 02:27:42 pm »

Personally, I felt that with the end of Kevin’s tenure as CEO and Publisher, I was provided an appropriate moment to also depart. It is time for a new generation to take over.

Chris

Chris, there are/were only two cornerstones to Lula and that was Michael in front of the camera doing his thing and you behind it doing yours, a dream team you could say and that added up to much more than the sum of its parts. So to find out now that you are leaving your role within Lula so abruptly, is very sad indeed and so I suppose all there is to say now, is that I wish you all the best for the future my friend and I am really, really sad to see you go, as the old place will never be the same without you  :(

Kevin, I will also be very sad to see you go as well, as you did have a style that was different from what we were all used to and yet you were willing to jump in with both feet and pick up the reins so to speak and just get on with it. Then just when you seemed to be getting the hang of it and coming up with ever more interesting content, this happens. But I feel you are the type of person who will never give up and will make a success of whatever you choose to do in the future.

A fond farewell to you both  :(

Dave
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 02:33:35 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

JeffS

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2018, 02:51:24 pm »

The elephant in the room, it seems to me, is that Josh did not extend any thanks to Kevin for his contributions (unlike for Chris), only well wishes for future endeavors.  It comes across to me as a pure snub, intentional or not.  Whatever  the circumstances, this was not good form.

Jeff

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2018, 02:54:32 pm »

The cleanest way to signal an amicable and orderly transition is to have the former CEO write the piece, give the speech, whatever. Josh is not a professional corporate executive, however, and it is perfectly reasonable that he did not know this.

This definitely feels like a Christmas of the Long Knives, but given that Kevin and Chris are not acting like the recently executed, I am willing to extend the benefit of the doubt!

Rob C

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2018, 03:22:36 pm »

The elephant in the room, it seems to me, is that Josh did not extend any thanks to Kevin for his contributions (unlike for Chris), only well wishes for future endeavors.  It comes across to me as a pure snub, intentional or not.  Whatever  the circumstances, this was not good form.

Jeff

Well, Jeff, some see elephants everywhere. I spent much of my life researching pink ones, but all I managed to do was enjoy gallons of Viña Sol and Gordon's (not in the same glass) in my studies.

If there are going to be changes, then the end of a year seems rather a good time for making them, don't you think?

:-)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2018, 03:29:32 pm »

Well, Jeff, some see elephants everywhere. I spent much of my life researching pink ones, but all I managed to do was enjoy gallons of Viña Sol and Gordon's (not in the same glass) in my studies.

If there are going to be changes, then the end of a year seems rather a good time for making them, don't you think?

The end of the year is the perfect window of opportunity.

Peter

JeffS

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2018, 03:55:04 pm »

And a good time to be gracious, too.  ;)

Jeff

Rob C

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2018, 04:12:31 pm »

And a good time to be gracious, too.  ;)

Jeff

Jeff, we are probably talking business, not elephants.

Business is business, and as everybody that has been involved in running one already knows, there is never time for grace in execution, other than, I believe, in the state pen. There is always time, though, for sending in invoices and even more in waiting for them to be paid. Used to be three months from month of invoice in the ad. business in the UK. It always went up my nose, thinking of those multi-million quid agencies using me to finance their customer relationships.

Being Goliath obviously had its upside, too.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2018, 04:43:14 pm »

Jeff, we are probably talking business, not elephants.

Business is business, and as everybody that has been involved in running one already knows, there is never time for grace in execution, other than, I believe, in the state pen. There is always time, though, for sending in invoices and even more in waiting for them to be paid. Used to be three months from month of invoice in the ad. business in the UK. It always went up my nose, thinking of those multi-million quid agencies using me to finance their customer relationships.

Being Goliath obviously had its upside, too.

That wouldn't be the only thing going up the nose in the advertising business.

;-) 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2018, 04:52:41 pm »

... given that Kevin and Chris are not acting like the recently executed...

Because they are acting like gentlemen.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 04:54:13 pm »

Good luck to the newby who will be running the show and a hearty thanks to those who will be departing.  The bottom line for me has always been the forums and those that have contributed over the years on a myriad of technical and not so technical issues.  If the forum ceases to exist, LuLa ceases to exist at least in my view.

I'm sad that we won't see Kevin's review of the new Nikon Z camera.

thebatman

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 05:21:50 pm »

Sad news indeed, and surprising.

A fond farewell to Chris, who did so much behind the camera and, I suspect, behind the scenes to keep things running.

And a grateful thanks to Kevin: stepping into Michael’s place could not have been easy. What cannot be denied is your good nature and your tireless enthusiam for photography. Your love of the craft came through in every video and article ... even if not every camera was a DP Quattro Pro :)

Ken

bobtowery

• Antarctica 2016
    • http://bobtowery.typepad.com
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2018, 05:27:13 pm »

Best of luck to everyone involved. When one door closes, another opens.

Bob
 ht

EricPNG

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2018, 05:36:53 pm »

Eric,

Unless you were here as a member previously, how is this a shock? You have been a member since 3:55Am this very day. Unless you are someone we all know lying in the weeds.

Peter

Welcome Josh. Look forward to new things.
Peter,

I am a reader of luminous landscape since many years. And I am not a forum publisher, as I often think I have nothing really interesting to say.
This morning I wanted to share that Kevin is a great guy and a great photographer. And I think he deserves a decent goodbye.
No offense to anybody, I hope...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28   Go Up