Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Etiquette  (Read 4090 times)

Rob C

Re: Etiquette
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2018, 07:05:28 am »

I'm pretty sure I've never suggested a ban on talking about sex. It might provide some light relief. And no, that wasn't intended as a double entendre.

Jeremy

Nothing like a little mention of sex to perk one up!

How on Earth do you find the time to keep your finger on this - pulse - and have a working week too? My granddaughter's also a lawyer, and she works until nine at night many times a week, though they do lay on transport for her when that happens.

She's currently on holiday on Nevis, but I don't think they provided transport for that.

;-)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2018, 07:11:00 am »

The image in question was uploaded to The On the Streets: an open image sharing thread " where subsequently unfortunate comments were made and apologies issued. IMO as the instigator of the thread that should have sufficed and this current thread never started.

Done: time to move on.   

rabanito

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2018, 07:33:17 am »

Maybe you posted this "complaint" in the wrong space - why not continue your argument where it apparently happened, instead?

Rob

But Rob. I HATE having to contradict you again:

I cite from the beginning of the thread:
"So I expect - and I guess my "subjects" too - that their "portraits" are treated with respect they deserve when I show the pictures to other people. That they are never commented in a negative way. Not even as a joke.

And I assume that this is the way most of us in the forum do. I have no complaints. (bold in the original)"

I asked for the behaviour rules, that's all.
No complainatss, no names given

rabanito

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2018, 07:36:21 am »

The image in question was uploaded to The On the Streets: an open image sharing thread " where subsequently unfortunate comments were made and apologies issued. IMO as the instigator of the thread that should have sufficed and this current thread never started.

Done: time to move on.

Ditto.
Fortunately you didn't use the word "perpetrator"  ;D ;D

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2018, 01:14:03 pm »

How on Earth do you find the time to keep your finger on this - pulse - and have a working week too? My granddaughter's also a lawyer, and she works until nine at night many times a week, though they do lay on transport for her when that happens.

Oh, I work long hours; but the great thing about being self-employed (as most barristers are) is that I can divert myself from my work for a few minutes whenever I like. I find it quite relaxing (mostly) and I return to the task in hand feeling refreshed. At this precise moment, I've had enough for the day and I'm waiting in Chambers for the traffic to die down a bit before driving home. I'll do some more reading this evening.

Problems (and perceived problems, which aren't necessarily the same thing) tend to be dragged forcibly to my attention. The "report to moderator" button is not underused.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up