Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon PRO-x000 How to print A2 across A1 roll  (Read 881 times)

vikcious

Canon PRO-x000 How to print A2 across A1 roll
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:22:03 am »

I know it might be a stupid question to most of you but... I'm lost. I might have been looking to much at the forest and now I'm not able to see the trees anymore...  :o

What I'm trying to get is to print (from Print Studio Pro) A2 sized picture on a A1 paper roll on my PRO-2000. So basically I would like to have the A2 sized image printed kinda in portrait so that i just uses one one half, the first, of a A1 roll, and have the printer cut it at the size of A2.
I have been able to print close to that but the printer will only cut the sheet after the size of an A1, thus leaving an empty space of exactly one A2 on top of the printed picture.
I have seen some information / documentation on Canon's site but couldn't figure it out entirely. There were setting to be applied in the Windows Printing Preferences and not sure if the same need to be applied in Print Studio Pro and how... or if only I could get this done using the setting in Print Studio Pro?!!

I have included the idea blueprint and the screenshots of my Print Studio Pro settings. Any help would be much appreciated!
|| One screw-up is a mistake, two screw-ups is a trend, three screw-ups is a style ||

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
Re: Canon PRO-x000 How to print A2 across A1 roll
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 04:32:52 pm »

I know it might be a stupid question to most of you but... I'm lost. I might have been looking to much at the forest and now I'm not able to see the trees anymore...  :o

What I'm trying to get is to print (from Print Studio Pro) A2 sized picture on a A1 paper roll on my PRO-2000. So basically I would like to have the A2 sized image printed kinda in portrait so that i just uses one one half, the first, of a A1 roll, and have the printer cut it at the size of A2.
I have been able to print close to that but the printer will only cut the sheet after the size of an A1, thus leaving an empty space of exactly one A2 on top of the printed picture.
I have seen some information / documentation on Canon's site but couldn't figure it out entirely. There were setting to be applied in the Windows Printing Preferences and not sure if the same need to be applied in Print Studio Pro and how... or if only I could get this done using the setting in Print Studio Pro?!!

I have included the idea blueprint and the screenshots of my Print Studio Pro settings. Any help would be much appreciated!

Your paper size should be A2 and not A1. To be able to select A2 as paper size you have to check in the Layout tab "fit to paper size" NOT "fit to roll width". Also check that in the Paper Source --> Roll Paper Option you have entered the correct roll width (if it A1 set A1, if it is 24" set 24") and you have checked "Not top/bottom space (save paper)" option like this:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:44:50 pm by Panagiotis »

vikcious

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 05:09:52 am »

Your paper size should be A2 and not A1. To be able to select A2 as paper size you have to check in the Layout tab "fit to paper size" NOT "fit to roll width". Also check that in the Paper Source --> Roll Paper Option you have entered the correct roll width (if it A1 set A1, if it is 24" set 24") and you have checked "Not top/bottom space (save paper)" option like this:

Thank you very much dear Panagiotis for your reply! You we're almost on spot with your guidance.
I have found out the best setting to be:
-  Not to use "No top/bottom space (save paper)" in order to preserve the my desired frame / faux passpartout around the image
- "Rotate page 90 degrees (Save paper)" to have the landscape picture printed correctly: long edge on the image on the short edge of the 24" paper.
|| One screw-up is a mistake, two screw-ups is a trend, three screw-ups is a style ||

Panagiotis

• Fine Art Print
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 05:41:34 am »

Thank you very much dear Panagiotis for your reply! You we're almost on spot with your guidance.
I have found out the best setting to be:
-  Not to use "No top/bottom space (save paper)" in order to preserve the my desired frame / faux passpartout around the image
- "Rotate page 90 degrees (Save paper)" to have the landscape picture printed correctly: long edge on the image on the short edge of the 24" paper.

You're welcome.

Another way to check if everything is ok before the printing starts is to use the printer driver and check the "Preview before printing" option in the Main tab. That way when you click the print button a window opens and shows how the files are positioned on the page on the paper roll. There you can make orientation changes and then confirm the print.

Unfortunately this preview feature is not available in Print Studio Pro.

dehnhaide

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 09:50:41 am »

You're welcome.

Another way to check if everything is ok before the printing starts is to use the printer driver and check the "Preview before printing" option in the Main tab. That way when you click the print button a window opens and shows how the files are positioned on the page on the paper roll. There you can make orientation changes and then confirm the print.

Unfortunately this preview feature is not available in Print Studio Pro.

Wow! This is one gold piece of advice I didn't know about! Thanks for sharing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up