Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: horizontal bands from iPF6400  (Read 407 times)

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
horizontal bands from iPF6400
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:31:48 am »

I'm getting a pattern of faint horizontal bands from my iPF6400. I cleaned both heads (A and B) and did a nozzle check, which looks fine.  Any idea what's causing this and what the fix is?
Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 04:09:08 pm by pcgpcg »

stockjock

Re: vertical bands from iPF6400
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 03:07:18 pm »

I'm getting a pattern of faint vertical bands from my iPF6400. I cleaned both heads and did a nozzle check, which looks fine.  Any idea what's causing this and what the fix is?
Thank you!

Is this a new paper or new roll of paper for you?  And you say they are vertical bands but are they maybe actually parallel to the head path?

In my experience with the iPF8400, banding can usually be solved by letting the Media Configuration Tool automatically figure out the settings for the paper.  I forget the exact instructions but there is an option for that during the process of adding a custom paper type.  I would give that a try.  It has always worked for me.  Or simply try using a different media type but that trial and error process will be time consuming and waste paper. 

If the lines are perpendicular to the path of the head then I have no idea what would cause that.  It doesn't look like blocked nozzles but I guess that is the next thing I would check for.  Maybe run a Head Cleaning A and see if that helped.

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
Re: vertical bands from iPF6400
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 04:12:18 pm »

Is this a new paper or new roll of paper for you?  And you say they are vertical bands but are they maybe actually parallel to the head path?

Oops! You are correct! The banding is horizontal.

And... Thank you. You provided the solution!
Yes, I had switched rolls and neglected to switch the media type on the printer.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 04:27:40 pm by pcgpcg »
Pages: [1]   Go Up