Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The icy reflection  (Read 734 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
The icy reflection
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:49:46 am »

This photo was shot on Lofoten in February 2017. There was not so much show to the icy lakes had wonderful ice for reflection and shapes.

I have had quite a pause on LuLa since I have been on two trips. The first to Chile for two weeks and then a road trip through France and Spain for 5 weeks to celebrate the retirement of my wife. It was fantastic and now we are back to almost normal :) Btw. I'm not retiring just yet.

Morning at the icy lake by Hans Kruse, on Flickr

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: The icy reflection
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:31:29 am »

You have a way with mountains, nicely done.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:04:48 am »

You have a way with mountains, nicely done.
... and with light!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 03:33:53 pm »

Gorgeous.

JR

Two23

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 04:44:00 pm »

The further north you go, the better the light gets. :)

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 08:04:03 pm »

That is quite the frozen landscape!

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 04:35:17 am »

Thanks very much for your comments :)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 08:43:03 pm »

...to celebrate the retirement of my wife. It was fantastic and now we are back to almost normal :) Btw. I'm not retiring just yet.

Nice one Hans. I always enjoy a nice reflected snow capped landscape and some warm early morning light, yes very nice indeed  :)

Tell your wife that it takes about a year to really get into the retirement lifestyle. For the first few weeks it is like being on holiday, then it gets a little harder and you start feel (dare I say it) guilty, for no longer contributing to the ever more frenetic rat race. Then after several months of that, you finally begin to realise it was the best thing you ever did and then you get to the stage of thinking, how ever did I find time to go to work?

My dad once told me when I was first thinking about taking early retirement, that when he first did it, that every now and then he would start to feel really guilty about how he should get out of his chair and do something useful and constructive for a change. But how he then found out, that if you grip onto the arms of the armchair tightly and close your eyes, it soon begins to wear off..!

Dave
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:46:06 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 08:13:48 am »

Nice one Hans. I always enjoy a nice reflected snow capped landscape and some warm early morning light, yes very nice indeed  :)

Tell your wife that it takes about a year to really get into the retirement lifestyle. For the first few weeks it is like being on holiday, then it gets a little harder and you start feel (dare I say it) guilty, for no longer contributing to the ever more frenetic rat race. Then after several months of that, you finally begin to realise it was the best thing you ever did and then you get to the stage of thinking, how ever did I find time to go to work?

My dad once told me when I was first thinking about taking early retirement, that when he first did it, that every now and then he would start to feel really guilty about how he should get out of his chair and do something useful and constructive for a change. But how he then found out, that if you grip onto the arms of the armchair tightly and close your eyes, it soon begins to wear off..!

Dave

Thanks Dave and time will tell how my wife feels about the retirement. She turned 70 this year so she is ok with no longer working :) But she actually kept some of her work which will make her busy for about 1.5-2 months per year and divided into twice per year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up