Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filter guidance for Hasselblad H6D-100C  (Read 937 times)

Ghaag

Filter guidance for Hasselblad H6D-100C
« on: October 31, 2018, 02:01:49 pm »

I am wanting to order a filter kit for my H6d.  I was looking at the Lee kit below, any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.  Up to 95mm is what I have to accomodate.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Filter guidance for Hasselblad H6D-100C
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:14:28 pm »

Based on quality, features, and company support (Rod the main guy is great) I'd recommend Wine Camera Country:

http://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/product-category/accessories/filter-holder/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpXq2YQ2Yh0

Joe Towner

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:29:00 pm »

For starters I would never buy that B&H Lee kit - there's a lot of redundancy and stuff you'll never use.

Beyond that, the Lee holders are fine for most things, but depending on what focal length you're working with you may need a wider kit.  Are you looking to use a polarizer at the same time as the ND filters?  You say 95mm, is it the 35-90, 50-110 or the 24/28/35mm lenses?  Are you shooting anything other than the Hasselblad?

What effects are you looking to accomplish in camera?  Generally speaking, a 3-stop hard, 3-stop soft, 6 & 10 stop solid are all most people need.  Maybe a reverse grad if you're a sunrise/sunset shooter with a clean horizon.

-Joe
t: @PNWMF

Ghaag

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 07:19:50 am »

Doug and Joe, thank you for your feedback!

Joe Towner

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 12:11:36 pm »

I'll also throw out a place like 2filter.com as a source.  I think Lee is the only make of the photo 4x4 holders that also offers a hood model, so you may want to consider that as well.
t: @PNWMF

rxchaos

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 12:06:32 pm »

On Hasselblad's HC35 and HCD28 and HCD24 the Lee95mm filter ring will cause vignetting when used the standard Lee filter holder.  I think Lee's PushOn Filter Holder might work for the HC35 and HCD28, it snaps on to the barrel of the lens.  I've only tried it on the HCD24 and there is noticeable vignetting.

I mostly use the Lee Pro-glass IRND 150mm filters with the LinhofStudio XXL holder - http://www.linhofstudio.com/products/The-LSL-XXL-Filter-Holder
The holder is a tad pricey but works very well and is very well built.

BAB

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 09:49:28 am »

The outside diameter of the hc28 is 102mm using a 95mm ring will cause some vignette as it has a 95 degree angle of view but if you step up to 105mm that should eliminate it. The lee xxl is for a 110mm barrel or 105 stepupring not sure if that eliminated the vignette.

I have been waiting for more than two years for a solution from Winecountry Filters Ron said in December he had a fix coming but Ron hasn’t gotten back to me yet. They are selling a filter holder for the Phase 28mm! The Phase has a 90mm barrel with a 102 degree of view.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

Ghaag

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 10:02:22 am »

I'll also throw out a place like 2filter.com as a source.  I think Lee is the only make of the photo 4x4 holders that also offers a hood model, so you may want to consider that as well.

Thank you Joe!

Ghaag

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 10:02:50 am »

On Hasselblad's HC35 and HCD28 and HCD24 the Lee95mm filter ring will cause vignetting when used the standard Lee filter holder.  I think Lee's PushOn Filter Holder might work for the HC35 and HCD28, it snaps on to the barrel of the lens.  I've only tried it on the HCD24 and there is noticeable vignetting.

I mostly use the Lee Pro-glass IRND 150mm filters with the LinhofStudio XXL holder - http://www.linhofstudio.com/products/The-LSL-XXL-Filter-Holder
The holder is a tad pricey but works very well and is very well built.

Thank you!

Ghaag

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 10:03:46 am »

The outside diameter of the hc28 is 102mm using a 95mm ring will cause some vignette as it has a 95 degree angle of view but if you step up to 105mm that should eliminate it. The lee xxl is for a 110mm barrel or 105 stepupring not sure if that eliminated the vignette.

I have been waiting for more than two years for a solution from Winecountry Filters Ron said in December he had a fix coming but Ron hasn’t gotten back to me yet. They are selling a filter holder for the Phase 28mm! The Phase has a 90mm barrel with a 102 degree of view.

Thank you!

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 05:07:41 pm »

Just for another option, if you have the Hasselblad ProShade then 100mm filters fit inside it. No holder is required.
I have a drawer full of filters I have purchased over the years including many kits. Most have never been used.
A polariser and a couple of ND is about all that most need. The problem is different sizes.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up