Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony sensor list updated  (Read 5434 times)

DP

Re: Sony sensor list updated
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 08:53:57 pm »

it's always had fewer, in order to
it had 12mp simply in order to get 4K video from a regular (not multi-aspect) aspect 3:2 sensor (not all 12mp as used for video in 16:9 aspect naturally) and get all the sensels for 4K frame off the sensor fast enough for decent 4K framrates (at the time)... no other hidden agenda (like big sensels - they just happened to be big if you use FF for just 12mp)... now with 8K you have to have more mp.

DP

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 09:05:15 pm »

I'd suspect an A9r
D850 & Z7 are not 1-line (D3/D4/D5/D6), so makes no sense for Sony to make 2 different top tier line cameras - better to (A) outclass a competition from Nikon in mp and (B) in addition flood the market with cheaper (new & used) 42mp cameras like A7R3 will become and even more cheap then now mostly used A7R2... even somebody buying an used 42mp body not from Sony but from prev. owner means that Nikon is denied that customer...

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2019, 05:27:44 pm »

Dont think we will see 8k soon in a small camera. The sensors can do it, but that doesn’t mean the pipeline can do it or the heat problem is easy to manage.

The two MF sensors are the best Sony is currently producing. I’m pretty sure that the next FF generation will use the same. Perhaps even more refined in the backend. All other sensors like the d850 or a7rIII are older from the design standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up