Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Vacuity  (Read 5292 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Vacuity
« on: October 20, 2018, 01:39:58 pm »

How about getting rid of Street Showcase, which few LuLa visitors grasp, and substitute a segment called Vacuity Showcase? We could include threads with everybody's "ride," everybody's pets, and the Photo Chain Challenge. Nobody would be allowed to post a serious photograph in Vacuity Showcase, and we could have almost as good arguments about what's "serious" as we had about politics.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 03:17:04 pm by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Ivophoto

Vacuity
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 02:47:31 pm »

How about getting rid of Street Showcase, which few LuLa visitors grasp, and substitute a segment called Vacuity Showcase? We could include threads with everybody's "ride," everybody's pets, and the Photo Chain Challenge. Nobody would be allowed to post a serious photograph in Photo Chain Challenge, and we could have almost as good arguments about what's "serious" as we had about politics.

Yes, let’s delete the street showcase, the sub forum where the utterly street-vacuity is applauded and the better work ignored.

Let’s start a Jurassic showcase. Full of images approved by Lula’s dinosaurs.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Vacuity
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 06:06:47 pm »

First, I think we need a lengthy and heated discussion on the proper definitions of Vacuity, and a list of the top twenty practitioners of the Art of Vacuity.
That should slow down the posting of photos a bit.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 06:16:40 pm »

. . . Let’s start a Jurassic showcase. Full of images approved by Lula’s dinosaurs.  . . . 

Now, this is really funny.  I think we "may" all have too much time on our hands.  LOL

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

RSL

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »

First, I think we need a lengthy and heated discussion on the proper definitions of Vacuity, and a list of the top twenty practitioners of the Art of Vacuity.

Exactly, Eric! Slowing down the posting of vacuous photographs would be a great service to mankind, and especially a service to LuLa visitors.

Ivophoto

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 01:46:40 am »

Sounds like a plan.

Ivophoto

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 01:49:35 am »

Now, this is really funny.  I think we "may" all have too much time on our hands.  LOL

Rand

Apart from the so called vacuity topics, I have the impression Lula is close to death. A bit animation doesn’t hurt?

Two23

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 11:27:23 am »

Can someone suggest a text book for me to buy?  As for "serious" photos, I don't have any.  I take photos for fun.

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 12:44:50 pm »

I'd be proud to put myself forward.

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 03:34:44 pm »

I'd be proud to put myself forward.

I'm sorry; I can't accept that your images are capable of fitting this pìgeon hole at all.

I move that you be banned immediately for false representations made with the definite and heinous objective of insinuating yourself into a position of power, predicated upon the consumption of too many megapixels than are good for you.

I think Doctor Ivo would be a good and very safe pair of rubber gloves within which to place our faith; his visions of atrophy and untimely death should not be taken lightly. As Winston said: I love a good puff in the mornings; one at noon and several before bed.

There's nothing else left to add.

And I mean this in all humility, all seriousness, and in absolutely all moods, circumstances and surroundings.

I, myself, refuse to accept nomination until it is unanimous. But never, ever, will I partake of said smoke again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:00:32 pm by Rob C »

RSL

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 03:42:38 pm »

+1. Nothing more to be said.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 03:59:36 pm »

I'm sorry; I can't accept that your images are capable of fitting this pìgeon hole at all.

I move that you be banned immediately for false representations made with the definite and heinous objective of insinuating yourself into a position of power, predicated upon the consumption of too many megapixels than are good for you.

I think Doctor Ivo would be good and very safe pair of rubber gloves within which to place our faith; his visions of atrophy and untimely death should not be taken lightly. As Winston said: I love a good puff in the mornings; one at noon and several before bed.

There's nothing else left to add.

And I mean this in all humility, all seriousness, and in absolutely all moods, circumstances and surroundings.

I, myself, refuse to accept nomination until it is unanimous. But never, ever, will I partake of said smoke again.

I don't remember mentioning anything about my images.

;D 8)

Rob C

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »

I don't remember mentioning anything about my images.

;D 8)

You see what I mean? Too much political nous. (This is not intended to throw francophones off the scent.)

Inflamed from Norwich, or perhaps even Budleigh Salterton.

(That should throw even the Americans off the scent!)

:-)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:37:07 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 07:42:31 pm »

I love it!

This thread already has more meaningful content than all the old, banned political discussions!

As George Costanza's father would shout, "SERENITY NOW!!!"
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 09:26:25 pm »

I love it!

This thread already has more meaningful content than all the old, banned political discussions!

As George Costanza's father would shout, "SERENITY NOW!!!"

Like all good vacuums, takes all comers  :o

Ivophoto

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 12:40:38 am »

Really?

Is this the pout section of Lula?

Ivophoto

Vacuity
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 01:56:40 am »

+1. Nothing more to be said.

Well, you could add ‘music’ topics to your vacuity list as well.

At least, in the ‘ride’ and ‘chain’ topics, photography is involved and functional. This is called: photography with a purpose.

Vacuity?

Not everyone is sucked into Florida vacuity.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:01:26 am by Ivophoto »

Rob C

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 02:58:00 am »

Well, you could add ‘music’ topics to your vacuity list as well.

At least, in the ‘ride’ and ‘chain’ topics, photography is involved and functional. This is called: photography with a purpose.

Vacuity?

Not everyone is sucked into Florida vacuity.

No, no no!

Florida is there as a national protection: consult an Ordnace and Survey map of the grand old US of A and see where the lines place that state: front line, baby, front line sacrificial - just like my part of Mallorca! The beauty is, it confirms my sense of purpose. No longer do I feel I was just here to eat the lotus flowers of middle-age (mine), but to look after the Golden Calf and, one day, hopefully soon, sell it on to another, younger guardian in time for my own safe exodus whilst the exiting is good.

But you never know: Paris has banned the diesel car - how long before the rest of the country does, turning my planned grand tour back to the land of drizzle and claymores into illegality?

;-(

Ivophoto

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 03:09:15 am »

No, no no!

Florida is there as a national protection: consult an Ordnace and Survey map of the grand old US of A and see where the lines place that state: front line, baby, front line sacrificial - just like my part of Mallorca! The beauty is, it confirms my sense of purpose. No longer do I feel I was just here to eat the lotus flowers of middle-age (mine), but to look after the Golden Calf and, one day, hopefully soon, sell it on to another, younger guardian in time for my own safe exodus whilst the exiting is good.

But you never know: Paris has banned the diesel car - how long before the rest of the country does, turning my planned grand tour back to the land of drizzle and claymores into illegality?

;-(

Exactly why I changed back to Gasoline with a dash of electric and for the fun gliding around with a decent bike.

Explain more about Florida, please. Do I understand it correctly, is it like the Indian reservation for retired not natives who finds satisfaction in wandering around on the internet instead of finding satisfaction in liquor?

🤫

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 03:15:11 am »

;-(

You had to ditch the car anyway. The car needs to be a classic romantic, or a romantic classic. Sell the d*mn apartment and buy the ugly black mustang. No need for a new paintjob just yet considering it is better left till *after* Paris.

And btw guys (and galls): don't you recognise reverse psychology?

Russ simply is counting on us doing the exact opposite again of what he intended...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up