Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Show us your ride  (Read 11645 times)

athegn

Re: Show us your ride
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2018, 09:49:57 am »

Well Rob we share something in common. My first car was that model of the Ford Popular; Powder Blue. In later years I collected models of the cars I owned but could only get that one in dark grey. I also owned a, slant back, Ford Anglia, dark blue but only found the model in Powder Blue!

Rob C

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2018, 12:42:06 pm »

Heysoos!

Mine was either the same as yours or white - no colour snaps exist - but it was the 1172cc side-valve engine.

This is my current ride today, in black, in my favourite weather; she's about eight years old but has less than 30,O000 klicks on the clock!

My two favourites? Humber Sceptre of 1974 with the black vinyl top, turquoise kinda colour; Fiat X1/9 from '79 in red, just before they introduced the Lido version.

The Humber was kinda suave, and the Fiat a poor man's Ferrari, which said it all.

:-(

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:13:50 pm by Rob C »

athegn

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »

I got to know that 1172cc engine rather well. Being a teenager and mostly broke I had to do all my own repairs, including removing the engine, without a hoist (was that lump of metal heavy) to have the big ends remetalled, no shells on that engine, and the crankshaft reground.

Rob C

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »

I got to know that 1172cc engine rather well. Being a teenager and mostly broke I had to do all my own repairs, including removing the engine, without a hoist (was that lump of metal heavy) to have the big ends remetalled, no shells on that engine, and the crankshaft reground.

I was an engineering apprentice at the time, but all I ever did was clean the carb now and again. I remember the car didn't have synchromesh between 1st and 2nd gear, which though it wasn't really necessary, got me into learning how to double declutch.

The things we do when young. A friend had a Triumph Herald, and I was quite envious... today, it strikes me as being ungrateful in the extreme.

:-)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:57:06 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2018, 10:25:06 am »

I think this new Posche electric car is the reason there's no new BMW 3 Series Coupe at the moment (AFAIK!).

Not long ago I suggested that it, the replacement - Coupe - would turn out to be a revolutionary model with electrical power: I think so ever more.

Anyway, some good Peter Lindbergh shots... he must have seen my Fiesta oeuvre of yesterday. ;-)

http://www.shotconnect.com/photographers/502-peter-lindbergh-photographs-porsche-models

"Luckily we had bad weather. The images would never have had this striking effect under a blue sky."

He's been listening, too!

;-)

Rob
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:55:15 am by Rob C »

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2018, 11:46:36 am »

Saga Norén, has ignited that 911 fire within me, but it would have to be a 20th century classic and certainly not in Gold. I, of course, cannot afford or justify such a car. Damn her.

Or on the other hand could it be that Saga Norén has ignited a fire within me?

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2018, 11:54:14 am »

I think this new Posche electric car is the reason there's no new BMW 3 Series Coupe at the moment (AFAIK!).

Not long ago I suggested that it, the replacement - Coupe - would turn out to be a revolutionary model with electrical power: I think so ever more.

Anyway, some good Peter Lindbergh shots... he must have seen my Fiesta oeuvre of yesterday. ;-)

http://www.shotconnect.com/photographers/502-peter-lindbergh-photographs-porsche-models

"Luckily we had bad weather. The images would never have had this striking effect under a blue sky."

He's been listening, too!

;-)

Rob
Wow, godawfully ugly, the pictures. Befitting of the new car. I can not fathom anyone in his or her right mind yearning for that car. Not now, but certainly not another 70 years from now. How different for that little jewel from times past which will withstand another couple of decades with ease. Nay, it will just get better...

Where are the crazy Italians when you need them?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2018, 12:30:07 pm »

Wow, godawfully ugly, the pictures. Befitting of the new car. I can not fathom anyone in his or her right mind yearning for that car. Not now, but certainly not another 70 years from now. How different for that little jewel from times past which will withstand another couple of decades with ease. Nay, it will just get better...

Where are the crazy Italians when you need them?

Painting in the woods and/or sitting looking at the computer in Mallorca. What did you expect?

I thought the front looked really cool: those deep, front inlets will collect a lot of rubbish off the road and help keep the environment clean; what wasn't there to love? And even another attempt at four-wheel steering; a gentleman's carriage, then! A couple of AA batteries in a jacket (tailored) pocket and you're good for another five hunded miles!

But wait for the Beemer one: it'll have four seats.

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2018, 01:01:27 pm »

Painting in the woods and/or sitting looking at the computer in Mallorca. What did you expect?

I thought the front looked really cool: those deep, front inlets will collect a lot of rubbish off the road and help keep the environment clean; what wasn't there to love? And even another attempt at four-wheel steering; a gentleman's carriage, then! A couple of AA batteries in a jacket (tailored) pocket and you're good for another five hunded miles!

But wait for the Beemer one: it'll have four seats.

Rob

Ah, of course, now that you mention it. It is indeed a very beautiful design for a vacuum cleaner...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2018, 05:25:26 pm »

Electric cars are getting a higher speed limit than gas cars in Austria. 130kmh vs 100kmh for ICE cars.

https://www.leftlanenews.com/austria-raises-speed-limits-for-electric-cars.html

Ray

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2018, 07:38:45 pm »

I don't find pictures of cars and motorbikes at all attractive. They spoil the landscape and look completely out of place, like aliens from outer space.

Anyone else feel like this?  ;)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2018, 08:09:39 pm »

Depends on the car and the scenery. Both, red Citroen 2CV and orange Porsche Carrera may add to an quaint French countryside image. Or an old pickup truck beside a covered bridge.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2018, 09:11:23 pm »

I wish I had a good photo of my old 1955 Porsche Carrera speedster (my first four-wheel motor vehicle).
It was a landscape all by itself.

My brother and I bought it together when it had had 10,000 racing miles on it. The original engine had then been replaced by a Super engine (the year with roller bearings instead of plain bearings.) When the Super engine needed rebuilding, it was temporarily replaced by a VW Beatle engine for a couple of months.    :)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2018, 01:16:36 pm »

I wish I had a good photo of my old 1955 Porsche Carrera speedster (my first four-wheel motor vehicle).
It was a landscape all by itself.

My brother and I bought it together when it had had 10,000 racing miles on it. The original engine had then been replaced by a Super engine (the year with roller bearings instead of plain bearings.) When the Super engine needed rebuilding, it was temporarily replaced by a VW Beatle engine for a couple of months.    :)

Well, you fared better than James Dean.

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2018, 02:15:37 pm »

Well, you fared better than James Dean.
;D
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Ray

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2018, 11:47:14 pm »

Depends on the car and the scenery. Both, red Citroen 2CV and orange Porsche Carrera may add to an quaint French countryside image. Or an old pickup truck beside a covered bridge.

Here's an old car I came across recently during a late afternoon stroll. What a mess!  However, I like the way mother nature eventually triumphs.  ;)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2018, 12:48:59 am »

Here's my Forester and my shelter for the night this past summer on the hunt for meteors.
I like that I  just fit (diagonally) with the seats down. Very convenient sometimes.
The 2.5l turbo engine is fun too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 01:09:58 am by MattBurt »
-MattB

Rob C

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2018, 08:22:07 am »

Here's my Forester and my shelter for the night this past summer on the hunt for meteors.
I like that I  just fit (diagonally) with the seats down. Very convenient sometimes.
The 2.5l turbo engine is fun too.

You romantic old thing:

"Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket..."

;-)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2018, 12:06:21 pm »

Here is another from my favorite ride.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2018, 09:54:11 am »

My ride from Jerusalem to South Africa. It wast always a ride. On this day it was more of a push. Shot somewhere on the Masai Steppe.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up