Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Information request for Canon PRO-4000 from long time users

(1/10) > >>

Panagiotis:
I found a good deal (promo package) for the PRO-4000 but I would like a little more info on ink consumption and thick-stiff media roll handling from long time users before I buy it.

I am currently using a PRO-1000 from which I am impressed from it's output quality but disappointed by it's ink consumption (my calculated ink on paper/ink wasted for cleaning ratio is 50/50).

The local dealer offering me the promo PRO-4000 reassure me that the roll models don't waste so much ink for cleaning but I have my reservations because the technology (print head/ink set) is the same between my PRO-1000 and the roll models. The promo ends at the end of the month.

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated :)

Mark D Segal:
When I was testing the Canon Pro-2000 (same thing as the 4000 but less width), the thickest media I put through it was Canon Polished Rag and Canon Etching paper. Both are thick and moderately stiff - i.e. they do roll without being damaged. These papers went through the printer satisfactorily. Truly stiff media that doesn't bend cannot be used in the Pro line of Canon printers.

Panagiotis:

--- Quote from: Mark D Segal on October 19, 2018, 07:28:53 am ---When I was testing the Canon Pro-2000 (same thing as the 4000 but less width), the thickest media I put through it was Canon Polished Rag and Canon Etching paper. Both are thick and moderately stiff - i.e. they do roll without being damaged. These papers went through the printer satisfactorily. Truly stiff media that doesn't bend cannot be used in the Pro line of Canon printers.

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I have read your review many times! The paper I am using a lot and interested in is Canson Baryta Prestige 340.

Mark D Segal:
I was able to put the Canson Baryta Prestige through the Pro-1000 printer (https://luminous-landscape.com/specialty-papers-review-special-papers/), but I don't have experience using it the larger format Pro-2000/4000 models. If you are able to see one of those printers set-up at a dealer, it may be prudent to bring in some of that paper and let the staff help you try it before buying.

picman:
Heaviest paper I've used is LexJet TRIBUTE Satin Photo Paper 240g. Feeds fine, but occasionally has a problem when unloading. The paper is pretty stiff and I think a little slippage causes the printer to think there is a jam and shuts down.

Good tidbits on the printer here: http://www.on-sight.com/canon-ipf-pro-4000-review/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version