Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

EPSON Surecolor P7000 Green/Orange Channel Problem..

(1/3) > >>

zlich:
I've had a epson p7000 for about three years.
My problem is that the green/orange channel can't be cleaned.
Normal cleaning, Power cleaning, SS cleaning
Everything was useless.

As Gary said on the forum,
I tried to print the green color in size A4.
The green color came out yellow.

If you have experienced a similar problem or know the solution to the problem,
please advise me.

Garnick:

--- Quote from: zlich on October 17, 2018, 05:18:22 am ---I've had a epson p7000 for about three years.
My problem is that the green/orange channel can't be cleaned.
Normal cleaning, Power cleaning, SS cleaning
Everything was useless.

As Gary said on the forum,
I tried to print the green color in size A4.
The green color came out yellow.

If you have experienced a similar problem or know the solution to the problem,
please advise me.

--- End quote ---

Good morning,

Although probably not a good morning with your P7000.  My minimal amount of expertise in this area dates back to Jan. 2016 with my Epson SP9900 where the green channel dropped out and could not be brought back to life.  So as you might realize, I am indeed no expert.  However, the one thing that I look for in a situation such as this is the bulging vertical line that separates the channels.  I must say that I have never seen what you have displayed here, since in this case that demarcation line has all but disappeared.  You also have a number of dropped nozzle throughout the pattern, which does not bode well for the health of the print head.  You mentioned that you had tried a number of cleaning cycles, including the heavy duty approach.  Hopefully you let the printer rest between cleaning cycles as advised by Epson, in order to protect the overall life of the print head. 

Have you been in touch with Epson with this issue?  It would be a good idea to try that route as well and send these same images along to them to peruse.  Again, I am definitely no expert in this, so my opinion is based solely on my own experience with the 9900.  In this case my opinion, one which I imagined might be shared by others on this forum, is that you are looking at a situation that can likely only be rectified by installing a new print head.  If you search this forum you will find some information about a couple of procedures for cleaning the print head manually, but quite honestly I doubt that any of these "fixes" will work in this case.  However, it may be worth a bit of time on your part to at least try.  You will probably also find that the use of products such as "Windex" is common by some, which is NOT advised by Epson.  However, if you do want to try that method you should never use the Windex that contains ammonia.

I'm sure you will have other replies on both sides of the issue, but these are opinions, as is mine, so I do believe a call to Epson should be your next source.  I wish you luck with the printer and hope that somehow this issue can be fixed short of a new print head.  Please let us know how this progresses, it's all fodder for the forum and others with similar problems. 

Gary         

Mark D Segal:
It could be the print head, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that. Orange and Green are the least used inks for most ordinary photographs, so it could be there is some kind of blockage or trapped air issue between the cartridges and the print head depending on how you use the printer, how old the inks are, etc. Gary's suggestion to call Epson Prographics is definitely the right thing to do. Their telephone advice is free. Although the visit of a technician is usually somewhat costly, it could end up being much cheaper than replacing a print head if the print head were not the problem. A trained technician can dig into the printer's ink transport system to properly diagnose what's going on.

Garnick:

--- Quote from: Mark D Segal on October 17, 2018, 08:13:36 am ---It could be the print head, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that. Orange and Green are the least used inks for most ordinary photographs, so it could be there is some kind of blockage or trapped air issue between the cartridges and the print head depending on how you use the printer, how old the inks are, etc. Gary's suggestion to call Epson Prographics is definitely the right thing to do. Their telephone advice is free. Although the visit of a technician is usually somewhat costly, it could end up being much cheaper than replacing a print head if the print head were not the problem. A trained technician can dig into the printer's ink transport system to properly diagnose what's going on.

--- End quote ---

Hi Mark,

Absolutely, all of your suggestions are valid, and my opinion was strictly based on my own experience, which was verified by Mark N., the tech we both know on some level and who's opinion we trust.  And of course it was Mark N. who installed the new head for the SP9900.  Mark and one of the Techs from Glodyne Decision One who he taught, were the only two techs I trusted.  I imagine D1 now has more and better trained techs, but I have no use for the company itself and the way they handled my particular issue.  Luckily Dave S. was the teach who worked on the 9900.  I didn't find Mark N. until Jan. 2016.  Haven't been in touch with him for a while, but I think I will email him today and perhaps have a chat. 

As I mentioned, I sincerely hope the OP will somehow be able to overcome the issue with the P7000, but my opinion of the situation still stands.  Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Gary         

zlich:

I live in South Korea.
There wasn't much information to solve this problem in South Korea, so I joined this forum.

I have been diagnosed with this problem by Epson engineer in South Korea.
He made a decision because of the head problem, and suggested replacing the head.
The cost of replacing the head is so expensive. ($2200)
I'd like to repair it without replacing the head.

When I used the sp4900 4 years ago, I used a windex for a similar problem.
But the head was completely damaged, so I wouldn't use a windex.

It would be nice if there was a way to repair without replacing head, but I still don't know how.
I need to find more ways.

Thank you for your advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version