Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Classic CC 8.0  (Read 12328 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: Lightroom Classic CC 8.0
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 05:37:56 pm »

PSB Support? Higher file size limitations? Any news on these topics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 05:41:01 pm »

PSB Support? Higher file size limitations? Any news on these topics?
Not that I've seen but that's a good reminder how long it's taking for something that seems simple and necessary (PSB support).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 06:06:01 pm »

Tethering has been mildly updated, but it's still missing a critical feature for professionals which is to 'copy from last' or 'copy from primary' the develop settings to the new capture.

So ridiculous.

ButchM

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 08:39:16 pm »

Tethering has been mildly updated, but it's still missing a critical feature for professionals which is to 'copy from last' or 'copy from primary' the develop settings to the new capture.

So ridiculous.

The 'Same as previous' function in the Develop drop-down setting of the tether task bar is of no help to you in that respect?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 10:15:58 pm »

Before uninstalling LR and ps, try uninstalling the cloud app (which you show) and reinstall it...

Thanks for the tip, that worked. During the attempt to uninstall it, it offered the option to "repair" it first. I opted for that and it worked. Thanks again.

mtakeda

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 03:57:54 am »

There seems to be a new process version.

I have upgraded it and found the latest process version does not stay. It goes back to v 4 even though I restart LR.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2018, 06:28:18 am »

I have upgraded it and found the latest process version does not stay. It goes back to v 4 even though I restart LR.

Previously imported images will use the process version that was active when they were imported. Import some new files and you should see them come up using process version 5.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2018, 10:30:17 am »

Yes. Any new files I have tried are set to 5. For previous files just set one to 5 and sync the rest.   
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:34:33 am by Zen8 »

faberryman

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2018, 11:02:02 am »

I was not seeing the update on my laptop. Then I realized that you have to be running Windows 10 to get it. Fortunately, the update works fine on my Mac desktop where I do most of my editing.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2018, 11:17:57 am »

I was not seeing the update on my laptop. Then I realized that you have to be running Windows 10 to get it. Fortunately, the update works fine on my Mac desktop where I do most of my editing.

Update does NOT support macOS 10.11 El Capitan or Windows 8.1.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 11:26:19 am »

Yes. Any new files I have tried are set to 5. For previous files just set one to 5 and sync the rest.

Actually once you create the preset go to the Library module, select all and apply it using quick develop.       

bdp

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 03:47:25 pm »

The 'Same as previous' function in the Develop drop-down setting of the tether task bar is of no help to you in that respect?

Well I stand corrected! How long has this been there? I've been using Capture One to tether for too long and never saw this added to LR. Now all they need to do is support Sony A series cameras and I can use LR again to tether. Currently I tether using C1 when clients are in the room but process the files in LR after my shoots.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 04:27:28 pm »

I can after using it since yesterday everything is faster.     

jrsforums

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 04:37:15 pm »

Well I stand corrected! How long has this been there? I've been using Capture One to tether for too long and never saw this added to LR. Now all they need to do is support Sony A series cameras and I can use LR again to tether. Currently I tether using C1 when clients are in the room but process the files in LR after my shoots.

The are possible alternatives.  In 2019,  “CamRanger 2 will also support select Sony and Fujifilm cameras.”  This could be combined with the “folder watch” function of LR or Jeffrey Friedl’s plug in.  Actually, either of the “watch” functions could be used with C1 to get and process in LR
John

ButchM

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2018, 04:38:58 pm »

Well I stand corrected! How long has this been there?

Since near the very beginning of the tether feature in Lightroom ... at least as far back as v4, maybe earlier. I can't recall off the top of my head when it first came about ... though it seems I've been using it forever.

bdp

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2018, 05:18:42 pm »

Actually, yes, I remember this has been there for a while now I think about it.

What I would actually benefit from is if the 'Same as Previous' option was available for auto import.

So people like me who have to use third party apps and a watched folder to use unsupported cameras can have the same functionality as tethered capture.

I sent in a feature request years ago but it hasn't been added as yet.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:40:39 pm by bdp »

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 01:59:38 am »

Big high ISO difference between Process Versions 4 and 5. ISO 32,000 and I only changed the version. 1st image is version 4. I didn't do any additional editing with the original.

George Marinos

• http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 05:14:41 am »

Big high ISO difference between Process Versions 4 and 5. ISO 32,000 and I only changed the version. 1st image is version 4. I didn't do any additional editing with the original.
[/quote

Scary! Second image (v5?) looks very "agressive" to me!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:18:43 am by Idololab »
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

Lustrous

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 06:09:41 am »

So people like me who have to use third party apps and a watched folder to use unsupported cameras can have the same functionality as tethered capture.
Yes, but not with all the features of Lr-tether.
In Lr, if you select the AUTO IN "Destination" folder (sort Capture Time) and view the last photo in Loupe view (or with panels hidden Shift+Tab), any image you place in the "Watched" Folder from any source (3rd party tether) will 'pop-up' in the Loupe view. Try it by moving a file with file browser.

ButchM

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 09:35:42 am »

There's nothing to stop an industrious third party from offering a Lightroom plugin for tethering from your brand of camera ... that's how the first tethering option was offered, then Adobe added the feature themselves  for the 2 major brands at the time.

It's all based upon the manufacturer's SDK for tethering ... does your camera maker offer such an SDK?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up