Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at RAW files  (Read 10951 times)

mkravit

Looking at RAW files
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 10:36:47 am »

Jo, I have no problems with the Hasselblad back. It's the HC lenses I don't like. In fact some of the worst results I had were with an Aptus on Hasselblad. As for sharpening, the results with the Hassleblad lenses look bad even when blurred rather than sharpened.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82344\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Interesting, I recently saw a fashion photographer shoot an Aptus 75 on an H2 using HC lenses and a CF adapter with CFE lenses. In side by side viewing it was virtually impossible to tell them apart utilizing the same or very similar focal lengths.

In fact, most viewers selected the HC150 as the sweetest look of any of the lenses.

IMO the hype regarding HC vs. other lenses is just that.

josayeruk

Looking at RAW files
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 10:42:31 am »

Jo, I have no problems with the Hasselblad back. It's the HC lenses I don't like. In fact some of the worst results I had were with an Aptus on Hasselblad. As for sharpening, the results with the Hassleblad lenses look bad even when blurred rather than sharpened.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82344\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In my opinion this would be impossible to distinguish what was causing the results to look bad...

Lens, Back or decisions in the software.

Jo

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Looking at RAW files
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 11:40:23 am »

In my opinion this would be impossible to distinguish what was causing the results to look bad...

Lens, Back or decisions in the software.

Jo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82356\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What can I say ? Of the samples of digital back photos that were made available to me, or those I took myself, only those which were made with an HC lens looked bad to me. If they work for you - great. As to the color of the Hasselblad backs, what I've seen looks OK.

You know how it is - some people like Pepsi, some like Coke, and some admit they can't see the difference

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Caracalla

• http://
Looking at RAW files
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 11:55:14 am »

ATTENTION!

Save your self’s from any indications & favoritisms with regards to any Camera/Lenses/DB/Software and solely decide by your own choice.

Regards
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 03:03:59 am by Caracalla »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up