Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Z7 support?  (Read 8481 times)

Mike Dale

Re: Z7 support?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 04:39:29 pm »

Indeed, it's taking quite a while, but also make sure that Phase One can prioritize their activities by filing an official feature request:
FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx

Hope they get it done soon.

Cheers
Bart

I'd dearly like to but they insist you enter a camera model from a drop down menu. Unfortunately there is not an option for Z7.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 07:04:11 pm »

I'd dearly like to but they insist you enter a camera model from a drop down menu. Unfortunately there is not an option for Z7.

Just fill-in another Nikon model type, and explain (or use Brand *N/A and Model *N/A).

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:11:38 pm by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Ray Harrison

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 07:04:54 pm »

I would definitely add to the list of folks suggest joining the beta program and grabbing the latest. Obviously it's a beta, but you may like what you see.

jeremyrh

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2018, 04:43:10 am »

I would definitely add to the list of folks suggest joining the beta program and grabbing the latest. Obviously it's a beta, but you may like what you see.

This.

Rado

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 09:49:18 am »

Those of you who are in beta, does it support the new Canon R too? The public release is expected to be any day now, so I hope it does.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2018, 10:05:43 am »

Those of you who are in beta, does it support the new Canon R too? The public release is expected to be any day now, so I hope it does.

Those of you who are in beta, did you sign an NDA? Ah....

nemtom

• Tamas Nemeth
    • 500 px gallery
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 06:34:52 am »

Now it is available with the release of CO 12.0.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 08:55:36 am »

Now it is available with the release of CO 12.0.

Yes. Slightly disappointing that they didn't add it to version 11 sooner, but it was apparently too close to the release date of version 12 to allocate resources.

BTW, Version 12 seems like a worthwhile upgrade in its own right:
https://co12.phaseone.com/

Downloading as we speak.

Cheers,
Bart

jeremyrh

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 11:28:33 am »

Yes. Slightly disappointing that they didn't add it to version 11 sooner, but it was apparently too close to the release date of version 12 to allocate resources.

It seems to be still not added to v11.  I like the software a lot but I am a bit tired of the money gouging.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 12:42:02 pm »

Z7 works great in C1 v12.  enjoying going back over the images I have shot and making adjustment.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 12:49:56 pm »

It seems to be still not added to v11.  I like the software a lot but I am a bit tired of the money gouging.
The FREE and latest version of Adobe's DNG converter supports the Z7. Now how well C1 supports the DNG is a question I cannot answer.....  ;)
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/10/11/adobe-dng-converter-11-released-with-support-for-the-nikon-coolpix-p1000-and-nikon-z7-cameras.aspx/
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 01:33:56 pm »

The FREE and latest version of Adobe's DNG converter supports the Z7. Now how well C1 supports the DNG is a question I cannot answer.....  ;)
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/10/11/adobe-dng-converter-11-released-with-support-for-the-nikon-coolpix-p1000-and-nikon-z7-cameras.aspx/
V11 won't I'm afraid, to read DNG for a particular camera CO needs that camera to be one it supports.  But I have been known to be wrong so there is no harm in trying.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2018, 05:39:11 pm »

I used a Nikon Z7 with the kit lens (24-70 f:4) and imported the images to C1 v12, which now includes a profile for the Z7.  The issue is that C1 does not recognize the lens correction parameters that are now stored inside the NEF file and there is not a separate profile for the Nikon S 24-70. This lens has visible distortion (LR and Nikon Capture NX-D do not allow you to turn off lens correction), especially a pronounced pincushion distortion at the long end.

There is a workaround however (not ideal to me), which is to convert the NEF Files to DNG. Now C1 can read the lens correction paramenters from the DNG file and apply them. So far the colours look fine and will report if I encounter any issue with this approach.

faberryman

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2018, 06:32:20 pm »

I used a Nikon Z7 with the kit lens (24-70 f:4) and imported the images to C1 v12, which now includes a profile for the Z7.  The issue is that C1 does not recognize the lens correction parameters that are now stored inside the NEF file and there is not a separate profile for the Nikon S 24-70. This lens has visible distortion (LR and Nikon Capture NX-D do not allow you to turn off lens correction), especially a pronounced pincushion distortion at the long end.
I thought the large throat diameter was suppose to usher in a new era in optics.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 06:56:25 pm »

I thought the large throat diameter was suppose to usher in a new era in optics.

I'm no expert in optics, but I guess that large throat diameter was to allow for lenses such as the announced 58mm f:0.95 or lenses with less vigneting. Distorsion is easier to correct with software, and the current trend seems to be to apply it without giving the choice to the user

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 09:43:03 pm »

Hi Frank,

I must assume that Capture One will be offering its own lens corrections once they've determined the average production settings. When they do, you'll have the option to either enable or disable the correction.

Cheers,
Bart

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2018, 10:49:06 pm »

Hi Frank,

I must assume that Capture One will be offering its own lens corrections once they've determined the average production settings. When they do, you'll have the option to either enable or disable the correction.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart,

Yes, that is a possibility, but I think it will be easier to just read the lens correction paramenters from the NEF File as they already do with DNG files and cameras that output directly DNGs.

Also, C1 is one of the few programs that allow the user to decide applying or not the lens corrections embedded in the DNG / Raw

jeremyrh

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2018, 04:30:29 am »

Hi Frank,

Cheers,
Bart

Maybe they're saving that for a year to tempt us to upgrade to v13 hahaha

Mike Dale

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 06:39:06 am »

What is the definition of a “shill”?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2018, 07:07:16 am »

Maybe they're saving that for a year to tempt us to upgrade to v13 hahaha

;D