Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Wow-Z3200ps 44” incredible price + free shipping

(1/8) > >>

Mark Lindquist:
Holy discounts Batman!

If you ever wanted to get a 44” Z3200ps at a bargain price, Adorama has an incredible offering right now.

ADORAMA discount price

$2,699.99 + free shipping.  This is the least expensive I’ve ever seen this printer for. 

So this just further confuses me about what HP is actually doing.  Are they doing a final inventory dump before unleashing the Z9 fully (meaning actually shipping the Z9) and if so, why would they be selling potential Z9 customers a Z3200 when the objective is to sell the Z9?

See, this is the problem.  HP has a locked down sales strategy policy - we never know what they are doing.  They don’t really market these printers, they run sales on them.

I would buy this in a heart beat if it weren’t for the fact that we’re already covered with 3 in the studio and a Z3100 in reserve.

And I will say this:  I won’t be buying a Z9+ anytime soon - not until accurate, confirmed longevity test data on the inks and delivery systems are forthcoming, and the printer has proven itself to be the heir apparent to the Z3200ps with Vivera inks. 

I mean, why would we buy an untested machine that runs faster, instead of just sticking with a proven printer with proven top scores in ink longevity?

Why would we buy an unknown, when in fact, the best known archival ink printer is available at this new price?  And I believe other sellers will follow in this massive sale (possible sell-off).

So go figure.  If you ever wanted one, it looks like now is the time.

(No affiliations with HP or Adorama).

Mark

robertDthomas:
Yes this is what I feel is typical supplier strategy.  Sell the existing product at bargain prices before the new one is released otherwise the price of the previous model will be reduced further.  I agree with you to wait until proper reviews of the Z9 are published and can be analyzed. 

BTW two things
One; It would be great if you were given the opportunity to be one f those early reviewers
Two, Thanks again for your help some time ago to repair my Z3200.  It is still chugging along.

Ernst Dinkla:

--- Quote from: Mark Lindquist on September 20, 2018, 12:47:51 pm ---Holy discounts Batman!

If you ever wanted to get a 44” Z3200ps at a bargain price, Adorama has an incredible offering right now.

ADORAMA discount price

$2,699.99 + free shipping.  This is the least expensive I’ve ever seen this printer for. 

Mark

--- End quote ---

This item can not be shipped outside the USA .....

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

jrp55262:
Note that this price includes an "instant rebate", which suggests to me that the savings are coming from HP.

eternal camper:
Does anyone know if HP is giving a similar deal to Canadians?

I live in Toronto and may be interested!

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version