Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad V DB... or H/M645??  (Read 2241 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Hasselblad V DB... or H/M645??
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 02:11:38 pm »

Hi,

Being the owner of an Hasselblad 555/ELD with a P45+ back, I would agree on that stance...

Best regards
Erik

Just sell him the system already, Erik!

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

adam tracksler

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 03:50:19 pm »

The H2 route seems like its not the way to go....  I cant seem to make it work so that its justifiable to me. I end up with another system with another set of lenses... part of the desire for a back for the 503 was to keep my lens investment (not huge, but not nothing either).

I looked at the 645D, which is affordable, and has an affordable lens selection, but it seems like the longer term reviews are pretty mixed. And then again I would be into another system and another sett of lenses.

Looking at the GFX and X1, this might make more sense, since I can adapt a lot of lenses, as well as my Cambo Actus and consolidate my gear a bit. The GFX and X1D also look like it could potentially replace my A7riii for most of my client work (architecture and product) - especially with the Actus.

It also seems like I can use some legacy glass with the GFX and the X1? Even 35mm glass?

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 05:18:35 pm »

It also seems like I can use some legacy glass with the GFX and the X1? Even 35mm glass?

Ask this question in a separate appropriately titled thread! People here are doing this and will respond.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

adam tracksler

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2018, 09:13:58 pm »

And then I find a nice aptus 75 for hasselblad v’s.

Any opinions on one of these? Seems like there aren’t a ton of reviews.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2018, 10:20:10 pm »

Can't speak to X1D, however there many adapters out there to adapt both 35mm, (nikon canon) and Fuji makes an adapter to use older Hasselblad glass as Fuji still has proprietary use rights for that mount.

Most Nikon glass IMO has too small an image circle to use as full frame on the GFX, Fuji now has a selection to create a cropped size more equal to the 35mm format.  The only Nikons I have used with full IC adaptability are the 14-24, and 19mm PC-E lens.  19mm you have to freeze the aperture where you want, before you mount the lens.   The Canon TC-E's especially the 17mm and 24mm vr II both work very well, and there are several adapters that allow you to use the electronic aperture.  I have the Kippon and it works well. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up