Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why the HUGE wait for Canikon mirrorless? (and was it worth it)  (Read 7156 times)

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: Why the HUGE wait for Canikon mirrorless? (and was it worth it)
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 12:45:11 am »

Just managed to see it. This is the problem that I keep commenting on with Fuji "pro" stuff, they are too heavy. There are people who then say that they are still lighter compared to what they are used to from DSLR but this video goes against it.
Now, outside of weather sealing I do question the need for very wide aperture zooms for a hiking trip; either way Fuji still doesn't have smaller WR zooms. The future 16-80 F4 should fix that in the most used range, provided that it had good image quality. The 8-16 F2.8, not so much.

I just saw the video as well, and have to say an f/2.8 system for hiking is only for the young and strong, or the crazy.
Not including L plates and accessories, his system is just over 2.4 kg and the Fuji system I'd choose is 1.4 kg:
XT-2, 18-55 and the 55-200. I've carried them for 6 day hikes and they do just fine. Both these lenses are highly underrated. I've used the Canon lenses he mentions and the Fuji lenses are a match if you don't need the f/2.8 on the short zoom.
The Fuji 50-140 is a league above anything I've shot with in the past, but too big for putting in a hiking backpack. It's not just the weight to consider.
David

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 01:05:05 am »

DSLR's are a mature product having reached their peak.  By changing over to mirrorless, camera manufacturers have created a brand new product that all Canon and Nikon admirers as well as new photography enthusiasts will switch to creating lots of new business for years to come.  In a few years, no one will want to get caught using a DSLR.  How passé.

On the other hand I probably see more film SLRs in the streets of Tokyo’s posh districts now than I did 20 years ago... ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

chez

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 10:31:56 am »

DSLR's are a mature product having reached their peak.  By changing over to mirrorless, camera manufacturers have created a brand new product that all Canon and Nikon admirers as well as new photography enthusiasts will switch to creating lots of new business for years to come.  In a few years, no one will want to get caught using a DSLR.  How passé.

Yes, mirrorless will be a boom for the manufactures for years to come.

Telecaster

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 08:52:17 pm »

Yes, mirrorless will be a boom for the manufactures for years to come.

With SLRs making an eventual comeback (on the used market) as retrochic.  ;)

-Dave-
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up