Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post-Poduction on Location  (Read 1055 times)

michaelsh

Post-Poduction on Location
« on: August 27, 2018, 02:41:52 pm »

Regarding Peter Eastway's latest article on LuLa:

I think it's fair to point out that Windows laptops are finally catching up with the demands for ideally 100% Adobe RGB capable monitors.
Dell, HP and Lenovo have all announced respective Laptops this year, like Dell Precision 7530 / 7730, HP ZBook 15 G5 / 17 GE and Thinkpad P52 and P72.
I currently work on a Thinkpad P70 which I have calibrated to match my prints and I already get a very good match with (only) 89% Adobe RGB (according to my Spyder5Elite).
The P50 and the P72 will both be available with 4K-UHD ISP displays covering 100% Adobe RGB and 10 bit colour depth and 400nits (the P50 is already available).

mlewis

Re: Post-Poduction on Location
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 09:48:09 am »

I have good results using my Surface Pro 4 for editing on location.  Lightroom works just fine on it.

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 09:51:38 am »

Thanks for the information re laptops with wide gamut displays.

For Kevin . . . This is an area worth exploration by LULA, perhaps getting Andrew Rodney involved in evaluating the quality and “profileability”/ accuracy of this new generation of laptops displays.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 10:28:35 am »

Rather than photography being "fun", may I suggest that having several ambassadorships must be even more. Well, as long as it doesn't require any communal/group photography, that is.

I never knew it was possible to edit accurately beside an open window. The things I learn on the Internet; guess it's time to open the curtains, then, and push back the shutters! As I'm trying to sell my place, that might make sense, better Photoshopping quite aside.

:-)

Internaut

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 01:41:48 pm »

For quick edits on the go, I’ve been using a Flash Air card, my phone and an iPad.  Workflow is simply Flash Air to Phone to Lightroom CC.  I then edit on the iPad.  In Lightroom CC, Adobe’s auto settings get me most of the way there (for none critical work, I trust Sensei to get it right when the viewing conditions are wrong).  Plus, the iPad’s screen is pretty good for editing photos when viewing conditions are good.  Snapseed is used for a little extra sharpening, adding a border, watermark and some text.
Pages: [1]   Go Up