Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color calibration issue with new MacBook Pro 2018  (Read 4473 times)

francescogola

• Francesco Gola
Re: Color calibration issue with new MacBook Pro 2018
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 05:40:10 am »

Try making a Matrix rather than LUT based profile; any difference?

Ok I think I didn't get most of the new messages  ::)
Well, now everything is working fine with V4. The issue was introduced not disabling the auto brightness.
Totally agree on the need to disable auto brightness during the calibration process (honestly I thought that i1Profiler would override this during the process...and I think is like this as if you remember with i1Profiler open there is no issue), but when I use my mac for non photographic purposes, I find it useful. I always disable it for editing and printing, but not for other silly activities ;)
In any case, this new MBP is really great, definitely worth the upgrade from my old MBP 2013!
Francesco Gola

www.francescogola.net

GWGill

• Author of ArgyllCMS & ArgyllPRO ColorMeter
    • ArgyllCMS
Re: Color calibration issue with new MacBook Pro 2018
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 09:28:05 pm »

(honestly I thought that i1Profiler would override this during the process...
Apple doesn't always make it easy to do such a thing progamatically. Constant churn of the API's can also makes it quite difficult to support.
In any case, this new MBP is really great, definitely worth the upgrade from my old MBP 2013!
I'm less pleased with my 2016 MBP. While it hasn't suffered from the dreaded keyboard problems that are well know in regard to this line of hardware, the ribbon cable to the display has failed after a little over 18 months. The cable isn't replaceable - the whole retina display has to be replaced. (From looking at the design, I have my suspicions that like the keyboard, the display connection has been compromised in the pursuit of the thinnest possible device.) Luckily we have more robust consumer laws here in Australia, and Apple Australia will fix this under warranty, but I worry about my laptops long term viability.
[ Frankly I wish now that I had bought one of the previous generation of MBP at the time, since the keyboard and display connections both appear to be more robust. ]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up