Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200 PS 44" HELP  (Read 1432 times)

sportmaster

HP Z3200 PS 44" HELP
« on: August 14, 2018, 12:36:03 am »

Printer has been running fine then suddenly stopped halfway through a print and screen said to replace B/G print head.  Left printer on while waiting for the new print head.  Now a error code has appeared: 01.1:10.  Tried multiple times turning off, unplugging, waiting.  Removed and reinstall formatter board, battery, etc, all without success.   The error code continues to return each time now matter what I do.

Suggestions???

Q6721B

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
Re: HP Z3200 PS 44" HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 02:47:28 pm »

Call HP Support.

mscherlacher

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 05:38:09 pm »

That code is saying that there is an error in the Print Mech PCA . The solution the service manual gives is to try powering down the unit and removing the power cord. I'd try waiting at least a half hour (maybe more?) before you try powering it back up. The next step is to replace the MAIN PCA. If that fails, replace the formatter. If your machine is no longer under warranty you can find parts online.

Maybe try putting your old printhead back in when you shut it down? Just to see.

Good luck.

sportmaster

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 12:00:31 am »

Last night I shutdown printer and took out formatter and battery, same as I had done before.  Today I ordered new PCA and formatter.  This evening I reinstalled the formatter and the machine returned to life and printed good as always.  Not sure what happened. 

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 12:14:08 pm »

Sportmaster:
HP black magic!! Hopefully you'll have many years of continued printing excellence!

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »

Last night I shutdown printer and took out formatter and battery, same as I had done before.  Today I ordered new PCA and formatter.  This evening I reinstalled the formatter and the machine returned to life and printed good as always.  Not sure what happened.

The purpose of removing the formatter board with hard drive and unplugging the printer is to enable the printer to reset itself, which happens automatically, once the static charges are eliminated.  It takes time for capacitors to discharge.  Sometimes 24 hrs does the trick - it depends on how long it takes for charges to dissipate. 

Good to hear your back in business,

Mark

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

sportmaster

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 07:02:40 am »

Thanks for the advice. 

jrp55262

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 02:58:44 pm »

I would still keep an eye on this.  What sometimes happens is that removing and replacing components reseats the connectors which can improve signal transmission... but this might have the effect of masking a problem somewhere in the innards (this is how I discovered the trailing-cable problem in my Z3100).  There's a chance that what you did fixed the problem, but there's also a chance that the underlying problem remains and will come back at a later date...

sportmaster

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 05:45:07 pm »

jrp55262:  You were right. The problem reappeared when I shut down the printer and restarted.  Now the error continues no matter what.  I tried the new formatter and it started ok, printed a good test pattern, but then stopped and displayed the 1:1:10 error.

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 05:49:22 pm »

jrp55262:  You were right. The problem reappeared when I shut down the printer and restarted.  Now the error continues no matter what.  I tried the new formatter and it started ok, printed a good test pattern, but then stopped and displayed the 1:1:10 error.

Sounds like you might have a loose connection or a bad connecting cable somewhere.  You can go about methodically reseating the cables - you might hit on what's causing the problem. Whenever possible, run some canned air over the connection pins and connectors before putting them back.

Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com

Terry_Kennedy

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 11:01:38 pm »

Whenever possible, run some canned air over the connection pins and connectors before putting them back.
I have 2 important cautions about "canned air" type products:

1) Never spray into / onto a fan unless you have a way to keep the impeller blade(s) from spinning. The force from the spray against the blades can easily spin them and exceed the fan's design maximum RPM and damage things. If you can't reach it with your finger, using the "straw" left over from an empty canned air can will usually do the trick.
2) Never spray onto electronics which have not completely cooled down to room temperature - the thermal shock of the cold gas hitting warm / hot components can cause fatal damage.

sportmaster

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 10:48:40 pm »

Replaced the printmech board and all is well.  I think possible voltage surge from recent lightening storms may have done damage. 

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 10:55:51 pm »

Replaced the printmech board and all is well.  I think possible voltage surge from recent lightening storms may have done damage.

Excellent!
Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com

Mark Lindquist

• LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 11:03:51 pm »

I have 2 important cautions about "canned air" type products:

1) Never spray into / onto a fan unless you have a way to keep the impeller blade(s) from spinning. The force from the spray against the blades can easily spin them and exceed the fan's design maximum RPM and damage things. If you can't reach it with your finger, using the "straw" left over from an empty canned air can will usually do the trick.
2) Never spray onto electronics which have not completely cooled down to room temperature - the thermal shock of the cold gas hitting warm / hot components can cause fatal damage.

This is correct - and actually, I don't advocate using canned air inside the print chamber, at all - I suggest vacuuming.
If one is plugging and unplugging ribbon cable examining the connectors, it presupposes that the machine is:
A.  Off
B.  Has been off and is cold since it is not working (which is why the connections are being checked).
C.  We're not talking about fans in this instance.

So yeah, don't use canned air inside the machines unless very careful about it and in specific circumstances.

By the way, welcome to Luminous Landscape Forum.

Mark
Mark Lindquist
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up