Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon RAISE  (Read 3806 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Canon RAISE
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 04:41:57 am »

Agreed...

Care to elaborate? What exactly is wrong with my example for the purpose of this discussion?

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 05:12:58 am »

Care to elaborate? What exactly is wrong with my example for the purpose of this discussion?

I believe I've already elaborated with my comments on non-commercial use.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 05:16:35 am »

I believe I've already elaborated with my comments on non-commercial use.

The coments were so vague (NDA) that I do not see any relevance for the subject.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 05:51:22 am »

The coments were so vague (NDA) that I do not see any relevance for the subject.

Well, you'll just have to learn to live with them, as have I.

Ivophoto

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2018, 08:35:27 am »

Is it not just a way to close out lawsuits because Canon will use the pictures in the deep learning engine of their AI program?

I recognize same words in all social media terms and conditions.

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 12:48:53 pm »

Is it not just a way to close out lawsuits because Canon will use the pictures in the deep learning engine of their AI program?

I recognize same words in all social media terms and conditions.

Yes, and a cute way to help a very rich company avoid employing some poor old corporate/PR photographer from making a few pennies. Everything companies do will find its way into tax allowances, one way or the other (if I could, how not they?), so they are double-miserable. Crowd sourcing, just like with the tv companies and news. It all means fewer people employed in the photography business which, from that firm's point of view, strikes me as even more perverse thinking.

Rob
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 01:03:19 pm by Rob C »

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 05:12:57 am »

Yes, and a cute way to help a very rich company avoid employing some poor old corporate/PR photographer from making a few pennies. Everything companies do will find its way into tax allowances, one way or the other (if I could, how not they?), so they are double-miserable. Crowd sourcing, just like with the tv companies and news. It all means fewer people employed in the photography business which, from that firm's point of view, strikes me as even more perverse thinking.

Rob

Photography business as it was is over and out.

Rob C

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 09:01:05 am »

Photography business as it was is over and out.

Not for the heroes, it's not!

A couple have become embroiled in bans because of ancient romances, but hey, that was the ethos, the reason most of the folks in it were in it - of both (or more) genders. Today, the lawyers and the activist groups that never had a taste of it make envious hay.

C'est la vie.

Ivophoto

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2018, 10:21:00 am »

Not for the heroes, it's not!

A couple have become embroiled in bans because of ancient romances, but hey, that was the ethos, the reason most of the folks in it were in it - of both (or more) genders. Today, the lawyers and the activist groups that never had a taste of it make envious hay.

C'est la vie.

Heroes.......

Some of yesterday’s photographic heroes are bankrupt or almost. Probably not only due to the market, some living beyond their means could be in play as well and the latter is not an exclusive photo business trap, I must admit.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up