Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question re: Panasonic's HRM program  (Read 644 times)

raymond bleesz

Question re: Panasonic's HRM program
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:20:48 pm »

After downloading images from my flash card to be worked on in PS, how does one tell which images may have been shot in the HRM program as compared to a "regular" image not shot on HRM?

It is my understanding that an image shot using the HRM program, the images should look "sharper" and should "print" better or is that not correct.

Thank you for your explanation.

raymond bleesz

Re: Question re: Panasonic's HRM program
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:18 pm »

I have not received an explanation to my question re: the G9's HRM program

Upon reflection I have discovered this:  while the raw images which are on the flash card, in camera, there is a "symbol/icon" which indicates which image has been HRM or not----But when these images are down loaded into my computer, I have no way of knowing which image has been HRMed as the "symbol-icon" has been removed.

BUT if I go to PS file info of the image, there is a difference between a non HRM image and its "buddy" which is HRMed--example, the file size of one is 10368x7777 (HRMed image) while the non HRMed image is 5185x388

Question--will the HRM image be the better image?  to print?

David S

Re: Question re: Panasonic's HRM program
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:37:42 pm »

As I have seen elsewhere on the web, the HRM files are higher resolution versions done via sensor shift. Then, if properly stabilized and focused, they will contain more information. This will allow more detail in your print. I have not tried it so this is only what I have seen elsewhere.

Dave S
Pages: [1]   Go Up