Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bar code lines in 1ds mk 2 image  (Read 3874 times)

bing

bar code lines in 1ds mk 2 image
« on: October 15, 2006, 03:37:37 pm »

images taken today have fine black lines througout image, a bit like bar code but finer. some images taken a few days earlier..on same CF card ok. SD card used as backup has same image problem. anyone ever had similar... heard of this?  any one want doorstop!

francois

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 06:41:05 am »

images taken today have fine black lines througout image, a bit like bar code but finer. some images taken a few days earlier..on same CF card ok. SD card used as backup has same image problem. anyone ever had similar... heard of this?  any one want doorstop!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80537\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Can you post a sample?
Francois

bing

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 02:14:12 pm »

i only joined the forum yesterday so please forgive if this dosn't work. hopefully there is photo attached. the "bar code" lines have become a lot fainter having been processed through C1 pro and turned into jpg. camera has now gone to canon... will find out in next few days what the problem is.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 07:24:53 pm »

i only joined the forum yesterday so please forgive if this dosn't work. hopefully there is photo attached. the "bar code" lines have become a lot fainter having been processed through C1 pro and turned into jpg. camera has now gone to canon... will find out in next few days what the problem is.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The lines are certainly quite visible. I do hope Canon can fix it for you.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

bing

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 01:33:42 pm »

Thanks Eric.... will post when i know. camera now out of warranty just hope cost to repair not to great.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 04:47:11 pm »

Were the affected images exposed correctly?  This artifacts look like the noise you may get from a badly underexposed image that had to be boosted.

Have you got any good images since this bad one?

Good luck,

Mike

bing

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:47:07 pm »

1ds mk2 back from canon, v quick, 4 days thats with me dropping off and picking up camera from service center.   DC/DC replaced ?? anyway it works. £264:00. so if you see bar code lines in your image you know its time to hit the C card one more time.  CLICK AND ENJOY, EVERONE

francois

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 05:57:17 am »

... £264:00 ...
It hurts, but at least you didn't have to wait for weeks.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 05:58:18 am by francois »
Francois

lightcreator

• http://www.wingliu.com
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 06:23:58 am »

1ds mk2 back from canon, v quick, 4 days thats with me dropping off and picking up camera from service center.   DC/DC replaced ?? anyway it works. £264:00. so if you see bar code lines in your image you know its time to hit the C card one more time.  CLICK AND ENJOY, EVERONE
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81213\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had the same problem when I bought a refurb from Canon on eBay.  So I returned it with NO COST on me.  But it was a serious problem.  £264 OUCH.  I suppose warranty problem never come up when your machine was within ONE year old.  I personally think the extend Canon warranty is a MUST for any Canon DSLRs that are costing more than £2000 (i.e. 1d mk ii N / 1ds ii) myself.  Canon does have quite a few issues with their bodies - especially I had to return TWO 20d's few years ago (wasn't impressed       ), they just couldn't solve the focusing issue for me - both AF and MF) and I have to wait for the 1d ii instead.

Canon lenses are normally fine    though with normal One year warranty as most problem comes up very quickly if you are unlucky to get a bad Canon lens, even L series (although very unlikely on lenses except back focusing that need quick calibration).

bing

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 01:51:35 pm »

just a footnote... of all the canon equipment that i have bought over the years, 2 no EOS 1ns a 30v 0r whatever its called a 20d ,1ds 2  and about 10 lenses this is only the second thing to ever go wrong... the other was 70-200 it went all "gritty" when trying to manually focus.  my favourite camera that i owned was my pentax LX, sadly it was stolen.... but the insurance payout enabled me to go CANON. why not Nikon, only because canon had decent set of tilt and shift. HAPPY to be part of this forum. The LL has been V helpful as i went digital... still is, this time 2 years ago i hadn't even used a computer before.... have enjoyed the learning. Good luck to all
Pages: [1]   Go Up