Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump III - the daily log  (Read 37823 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Trump III - the daily log
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2018, 06:44:42 am »

On a side note, duly noted that gloves are off.

In yet another attempt to get a thread closed down? Transparent.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2018, 08:52:25 am »

In yet another attempt to get a thread closed down? Transparent.

Cheers,
Bart
He just needs a long vacation but locking threads in these parts has become a norm unfortunately. If only we stuck to Photogrpaphy but the focus of this forum is way out of focus.  :'(
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2018, 08:57:25 am »

I am really glad that I turned my computer of at 18.00 EDT yesterday.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2018, 09:09:40 am »

Trump's economic stewardship is still in its infancy.  Expenditure on infrastructure (note: walls don't count) was a genuinely tremendous idea and something from which the US could really benefit, but we haven't seen it materialise in the way that Trump promised.  His other approaches are naïve at best.  Some short term gain will result but with an overburdened debt the US government needs to maintain revenue whilst reducing costs (which obviously makes infrastructure investment difficult but mostly in the short term with significant long term benefits).

It's also important to look at historical (as opposed to hysterical) data.  Bill McBride over at the Calculated Risk Blog presents data for the top 25 quarters of GDP growth since 2000.  Q2 of 2018 comes in 11th place just a bit above the mid-point. 

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2018, 09:12:53 am »

Me watching this tread

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2018, 10:01:32 am »

There is right or wrong.  If I call heads and it lands tails, I'm wrong.

You are unlucky.

To be right or wrong in predicting future events presupposes a reasonable justification for your prediction. Otherwise, it is just a lucky/unlucky guess. If you really “know” how the coin would fall, I’d immediately hire you as my lottery picker. You would, of course, equally quickly turn me down, because you’d be already unbelievably rich.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2018, 10:23:25 am »

You are unlucky.

To be right or wrong in predicting future events presupposes a reasonable justification for your prediction. Otherwise, it is just a lucky/unlucky guess. If you really “know” how the coin would fall, I’d immediately hire you as my lottery picker. You would, of course, equally quickly turn me down, because you’d be already unbelievably rich.
https://www.education.com/science-fair/article/influencing-a-coin-flip/
The purpose of this experiment is to determine first the probability of a coin landing heads or tails and second whether the person flipping a coin can influence the coin to land one way or another.

https://newrepublic.com/article/116320/psychologists-know-how-predict-coin-tosses
The Science of Explaining Heads or Tails

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2018, 10:36:36 am »

Your point, Dr. Google?

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2018, 10:48:40 am »

[https://newrepublic.com/article/116320/psychologists-know-how-predict-coin-tosses
The Science of Explaining Heads or Tails

But el presidente Loco outstmarts all those pointy-headed psychologists who can predict whether the typical person will call heads or tails by calling "heads" and then, when the coin lands tails, explaining with a straight face that he actually had called "tails."

stamper

« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2018, 10:52:04 am »

But el presidente Loco outstmarts all those pointy-headed psychologists who can predict whether the typical person will call heads or tails by calling "heads" and then, when the coin lands tails, explaining with a straight face that he actually had called "tails."

:) :) :)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2018, 11:09:53 am »

If only Dr. Slobodan could connect those dots...

stamper

« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2018, 11:19:10 am »

If only Dr. Slobodan could connect those dots...

Unfortunately you are just feeding the Troll.  :(

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2018, 11:22:22 am »

Unfortunately you are just feeding the Troll.  :(

Can you explain why you are calling me a troll?

Peter McLennan

« Reply #373 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:26 am »

“axiom”

stamper

« Reply #374 on: July 28, 2018, 11:39:35 am »

I read your posts and I am not alone in alleging this. Last year you admitted to .... baiting the trail. You have received abusive PM'S which you complained to the moderators about. I obviously don't know the content but I can guess why they were sent? You are obviously an intelligent person but you let your self down by your constant baiting. You could contribute more if you think about it?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:42:54 am by stamper »

Rob C

« Reply #375 on: July 28, 2018, 11:39:45 am »

“axiom”

No, Peter; I don't fly with that.

Rob

James Clark

« Reply #376 on: July 28, 2018, 11:53:22 am »

In all fairness, I think most of the regular political posters go overboard from time to time with their language (certainly I do).  But, with a small few exceptions (Slobodan not being one of those exceptions) I think most also attempt to weave actual debate into their posts even if they (we) let emotion get in the way from time to time.

In other words, relax, y'all.  I mean, when it comes to Trump, I think it should be clear that I'm a fellow traveler with the anti-Trump crowd, but certainly you can see how repeated, daily Trump-insult threads could also be interpreted as trolling, right?  And to the Trumpy folks' credit, I've yet to see any concentrated effort to ban those daily assaults.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:01:04 pm by James Clark »

Rob C

« Reply #377 on: July 28, 2018, 11:56:00 am »

I read your posts and I am not alone in alleging this. Last year you admitted to .... baiting the trail. You have received abusive PM'S which you complained to the moderators about. I obviously don't know the content but I but I can guess why they were sent? You are obviously an intelligent person but you let your self down by your your baiting. You could contribute more if you think about it?

Well, have you considered how rapidly every thread - not to mention romance - would die without a little touch of the tease, of black humour even, and less than instant back-rolling?

LuLa would turn into +1 or -1 and that would never do.

There is a difference between being made of rubber, repeating the same catechism regardless of the question or challenge put to one, and what Slobodan is capable of doing when he feels in the mood. As for finding validity in numbers - perish the thought! If I'd listened to all the countless folks telling me shit "for my own good" which, interpreted, really meant that they were themselves terrified of doing something other than what they had drifted into, I'd now be a depessed, worn out ex-engineer with no memories worth squat, no horizons beyond Glasgow. I rather be a depressed, worn out old snapper with a wonderful set of memories of all the places I ever wanted to go, plus some I did not! Yep, there is even a nuance of masochistic pleasure in that, and knowing one survived it.

;-)

Rob
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:59:23 am by Rob C »

James Clark

« Reply #378 on: July 28, 2018, 11:58:57 am »

Well, have you considered how rapidly every thread - not to mention romance - would die without a little touch of the tease, of black humour even, and less than instant back-rolling?

LuLa would turn into +1 or -1 and that would never do.

There is a difference between being made of rubber, repeating the same catechism regardless of the question or challenge put to one, and what Slobodan is capable of doing when he feels in the mood. As for finding validity in numbers - perish the thought! If I'd listened to all the countless folks telling me shit "for my own good" which, interpreted, really meant that they were themselves terrified of doing something other than what they had drifted into, I'd now be a depessed, worn out ex-engineer with no memories worth squat, no horizons beyond Glasgow. I rather be a depressed, worn out old snapper with a wonderful set of memories of all the places I ever wanted to go, plus some I did not! Yep, there is even black pleasure in that, and knowing one survived it.

;-)

Rob

It's always kind of a downer when you express my own thoughts so much better than I do ;)

Rob C

« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2018, 12:03:14 pm »

It's always kind of a downer when you express my own thoughts so much better than I do ;)

Well, you were too quick for me this time: I edited my last line too late!

But nonetheless, I take a delighted boost to my ego, for which, muchas gracias!

;-)

Rob

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up