Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone used this? Any comments?  (Read 719 times)

Hdrthtsr1995

Has anyone used this? Any comments?
« on: June 16, 2018, 07:47:56 am »

I've been asked to produce a couple of window signs for our a local organization (they learned I had a wide printer).  It's basically going to be text, but is there any preferred paper for this sort of thing?  I was looking at the Enhanced mat - it's cheap and readily available.  Epson also has a Clear Film.  Has anyone used this?  Any comments?

mearussi

Re: Has anyone used this? Any comments?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 07:55:54 am »

Whatever you use it's going to fade fast in a window, so I would at least put a heavy UV laminate over it.

Terry_Kennedy

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 10:05:40 am »

I've been asked to produce a couple of window signs for our a local organization (they learned I had a wide printer).  It's basically going to be text, but is there any preferred paper for this sort of thing?  I was looking at the Enhanced mat - it's cheap and readily available.  Epson also has a Clear Film.  Has anyone used this?  Any comments?

What size are they looking for? How long will they be on display? How will they be mounted? Printed on what printer? I assume that since they're asking for window signage, you're not going to use a high-end paper with a profile?

Without knowing any of those details, I'd use one of the matte poly-based media. They're less likely to get crinkled when being put up, they're smooth both sides and won't fill your printer up with lint, and they produce good quality prints with a minimum amount of work (I use the Epson Doubleweight Matte Paper setting when printing these). And they're dirt cheap - I've been getting 44" x 100' rolls delivered for $40. At that point, my only real cost is the ink and my time to change out the paper and queue up the job. This is what I'm currently using for that kind of work ($50, but wait for a 20% off coupon to come around). I normally run it on an old SP9500 because it is an older, lower-resolution machine that takes cheap 3rd-party inks. It still does a great job on banner / window prints, though, and I can "set and forget" it while printing other stuff on newer printers. For a more heavy-duty print, I'll use a 15 mil reinforced vinyl scrim. That can be grommeted without needing reinforcement, but the back tends to shed in the printer, so I wouldn't recommend running it in a printer that you use for higher-quality printing - that's why I still run the SP9500.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 10:22:34 am »

PhotoTex repositionable adhesive backed cloth/paper.
Not expensive and you can pull it off, roll it up with the backer and use it next year.
It can be coated with a uv spray of some sort but not necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up