Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Hasselblad X1D system  (Read 7086 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Stolen Hasselblad X1D system
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2018, 03:35:30 am »

When it's taken in the in the context of his other posts it makes sense.

It doesn't; and it will not be tolerated.

Jeremy

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2018, 03:02:03 pm »

really sorry to hear...just sucks...whoever stole it probably had no real clue of the value...not that that really matters anyway...

I saw the signs at land's end last time i was in SF, felt funny to park my car right below one....reminded me of NY and how everybody made sure to leave NOTHING in the car and made sure nothing might look like it might cover something up....
i go to SF frequently and am always so amazed how a city with such incredible wealth obviously has so little interest in simple solutions that work.....locking people up does not work....not providing housing does not work...more police does not work....
i do feel that there still is some of the 60's idea floating somewhere that still brings young people to SF and get into heavier and heavier drugs....but that is exactly where the city should step in....its a little like in Venice beach...seeing young kids living in the streets is really hard for me....maybe it is "their choice" at that point but there is no return from that...not with the business of incarceration ruining any chance of really getting out.....

i would not be surprised to see this kit turn up somewhere soon.....whoever stole it probably sold it for nothing and whoever bought it and knew what they bought had to know that it was stolen, so there should be some conscience there.....or at worst hopefully some Karma along the way....

my insurance covers items stolen out of my car, supposedly as long as a police report is filed with serial numbers....i hope i never have to depend one that....

The stuff that gets stolen just gets swept up in the recycling sewers that have sprung up to provide addicts with their daily necessities - which pharmacies could hand out for $5 per day easily and turn a profit if they were allowed to - just like bars sell beers and spirits and the money they generate doesn't go to Mexico or Colombia..

As for the state of SF you need to understand the Genghis Khan mentality of the new elites "It is not enough that I have won, others must be shown to have lost".

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

pschefz

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2018, 03:55:09 pm »

The stuff that gets stolen just gets swept up in the recycling sewers that have sprung up to provide addicts with their daily necessities - which pharmacies could hand out for $5 per day easily and turn a profit if they were allowed to - just like bars sell beers and spirits and the money they generate doesn't go to Mexico or Colombia..

As for the state of SF you need to understand the Genghis Khan mentality of the new elites "It is not enough that I have won, others must be shown to have lost".

Edmund

unfortunately you are 100% correct.....not so sure how happy the ones (literally) stepping over the homeless actually are....most don't look it....mid 6 figure salaries dont go very far in SF....add in student loans and the double (of actual first world nations) cost of healthcare...not so sure about the actual quality of life...but hey, at least we have the strong military to beat everybody into submission....
schefz.com
artloch.com

jensputzier

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2018, 05:18:40 pm »

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Make sure to report your lost equipment through your Hasselblad dealer.

Thank you. I had registered the equipment with Hasselblad and have told them that it was stolen, they answered that they recorded that. So maybe one day or later depending on the quality of the camera it will be sent into be repaired.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2018, 07:01:33 pm »

Thank you. I had registered the equipment with Hasselblad and have told them that it was stolen, they answered that they recorded that. So maybe one day or later depending on the quality of the camera it will be sent into be repaired.

Best wishes!

eronald

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2018, 08:05:28 pm »

Best wishes!

One of the rare cases where a system designed to identify news photographers and catch whistleblowers might catch a thief.

Edmund
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:36:52 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2018, 11:54:23 am »

+1

Just to say, in my language it would be += 1, or just ++.

Best regards
Erik
+1

I’ve seen a few mean-spirited comments on LuLa, but this one seems to take the cake, as it was given in response to a perfectly useful and legitimate comment by Doug. Pointing out that certain dealers have that practice is a generally valuable information. Pointing out to the OP to try that avenue with their dealer is a specifically valuable information.
Erik Kaffehr

Bo_Dez

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2018, 11:02:11 am »

It doesn't; and it will not be tolerated.

Jeremy

Whatever. I guess when an advertiser spams the forums it's deemed acceptable.

Ban me. Please. Or tell me how to delete my account. This forum was a great place for many many years to meet like minded people, exchange information and learn. Now its just an advertorial for the desperate where too many threads get hijacked to sell Phase One. How distasteful.

RIP Luminous Landscape.

hubell

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2018, 12:10:26 pm »

Ban me. Please. Or tell me how to delete my account. This forum was a great place for many many years to meet like minded people, exchange information and learn. Now its just an advertorial for the desperate where too many threads get hijacked to sell Phase One. How distasteful.

RIP Luminous Landscape.

On your way out the door, please be sure to read the Phase One infomercial in the What's New section.

eronald

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2018, 01:52:07 pm »

RIP Luminous Landscape.

Bo_Dez get, I am sure Doug  was being strictly helpful here, but expressed himself badly. Pick another occasion to get angry about his spamming eg. the IQ threads if you really want to do that. In this thread he was helpful.

Myself I assume that Doug helps with running costs here with advertising, which is why he gets to spam the forum with infomercials, we get to tease him when he tries his oversell,  he always takes our resistance politely like a gentleman, and he *is* genuinely helpful when he's not stuck in his sales track. So live, and let live ...

Edmund
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:59:42 am by eronald »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2018, 05:28:10 pm »

Seems to me there must be something personal going on here to justify those incessant, unwarranted attacks on Doug. If so, sort it out offline and stop insulting our intelligence by calling reasonable contributions "spam."

Graham Welland

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2018, 11:30:24 pm »

As a frequent traveler to San Francisco and the Bay Area in general, I can personally attest to the professionalism of car and property crime there. I’ve had customers mugged in the Tenderloin district (we moved our office out), colleagues, customers and suppliers have their rental cars broken into and a trunk load of laptop bags removed from right outside nice restaurants in Burlingame, and not to mention my own theft experience of my SUV being broken into right outside a restaurant in Emoryville even with a security guard in the parking lot. The later smash & grab was $50k of Alpa gear that we actually saw being taken by the crew waiting in the parking lot in a Cadillac Escalade which almost ran us down as it sped off to the freeway. (Police cared less about the scale of the loss but were bothered by the attempted hit & run).

I informed Alpa and all Alpa dealers with the serial numbers. I assume that the Alpa/Rodie gear got dumped or likely fenced off to markets less concerned about legality such as China/HK where there is a ready market for such gear. Who knows, maybe one day it’ll resurface?

Thieves target obvious rental & out of state vehicles. They literally sit and canvas the property watching for business, tourist and folks who even take measures to hide anything in the car. In my case I think I had the double whammy of obviously taking my work laptop rucksack with me, plus having an out of state expensive SUV sitting behind. The only saving grace was that they missed the bag with my Phase One gear in it ...
Graham

Rainforestman

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2018, 11:44:36 pm »

Hope your system is found and reunited with you jensputzier and will keep an eye out for it in this part of the world.

+1 for Doug Peterson - have heard from other Dealers and P1 that Phase One do have a stolen list of serial numbers and hopefully Hasselblad do the same.
Phase One IQ380.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2018, 02:16:37 pm »

Seems to me there must be something personal going on here to justify those incessant, unwarranted attacks on Doug. If so, sort it out offline and stop insulting our intelligence by calling reasonable contributions "spam."

Indeed.

Jeremy

vjbelle

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2018, 03:09:59 pm »

Indeed...... a tad over the top.  I realize that Doug is always selling but along with that he is educating, helping, troubleshooting and last but not least selling. :)  As Slobodan said there really must be something under the hood that the rest of us don't see. 

Victor

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2018, 06:06:18 pm »

Hi Doug,

Seems to be a very good suggestion!

Thanks for posting.
Erik

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Make sure to report your lost equipment through your Hasselblad dealer.

When any of our clients have had Phase One gear stolen we've registered it in the service system as stolen, so if anyone ever calls or emails about that equipment (for service, support, to ask about warranty) it shows the tech that it is stolen. I assume Hasselblad has a similar capability.
Erik Kaffehr

eronald

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2018, 04:21:17 am »

Hi Doug,

Seems to be a very good suggestion!

Thanks for posting.
Erik

Actually one might possibly locate the stolen device by image metadata search online?

Edmund

jensputzier

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2018, 01:42:53 am »

Actually one might possibly locate the stolen device by image metadata search online?

Edmund

Interesting, how would one do that? My insurances paid a total of 1/3 of the value so I would still be interested to find it. Also I had received a great bonus on the X1D three lens kit that is now not available anymore.

Joe Towner

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2018, 11:32:11 pm »

Interesting, how would one do that? My insurances paid a total of 1/3 of the value so I would still be interested to find it. Also I had received a great bonus on the X1D three lens kit that is now not available anymore.

https://www.stolencamerafinder.com/ - it scans photo sharing services for serial numbers, and when you feed it one from you camera (most likely with each lens) it'll point out any that match.
t: @PNWMF

jensputzier

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2018, 07:42:01 am »

https://www.stolencamerafinder.com/ - it scans photo sharing services for serial numbers, and when you feed it one from you camera (most likely with each lens) it'll point out any that match.

Thank you for pointing this out.  I used the site and got no results. They also do not list the X1D as supported.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:45:14 am by jensputzier »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up