Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

How to ship Palo Duro Etching paper?

<< < (3/3)

mearussi:

--- Quote from: JudyKonopka on March 27, 2018, 06:25:28 pm ---Thanks! I have the tubes already and just got the Hannemuehl spray and poly bags today!  Thanks for your advice again!

--- End quote ---
You're welcome, and hope it works out for you.

patjoja:

--- Quote from: JudyKonopka on March 27, 2018, 06:25:28 pm ---Thanks! I have the tubes already and just got the Hannemuehl spray and poly bags today!  Thanks for your advice again!

--- End quote ---

+1, sprayed print in poly bag inside of a 4" tube.  Should work fine.

Patrick

disneytoy:
If you use the "free" triangle tubes for Priority Mail, I have had the PO damage prints several times. The similar "free" Triangle tubes from Fedex are much stiffer. In a pinch when I ship 44" prints. I will buy a 10' white drainage tube from Home Dept or Lowes, Cut it to size. I prefer the 4" tubes, but have used the 3" tubes. Wash them out, they can be dirty. At around $1 a foot they are pretty good. you can run a car over them. I just cut a circle from cardboard box to make the ends.

When I ship smaller print as you describe. If I use the free flat priority boxes, I slit the end and double them up. One layer of the cheap PO cardboard box really isnt enough. If you are in the over 1lb Priority rate, you are actually paying for up to 2lb. Might as well use an extra box for safety. I just shipped a 18x18 this way, add a layer of Priority box to the front and back making 3 layers of cardboard each side at 1.6oz.

I always cover the surface of my prints with a sheet of tracing paper. I have Glassine, but that is 4x the cost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version