Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avoiding blocked nozzles in periods away from home  (Read 3852 times)

mclem06

Re: Avoiding blocked nozzles in periods away from home
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 11:11:34 am »

I have heard of a program called Harvey Head Cleaner that was built for this purpose, it's a calendarized nozzle check that is set up to keep the ink fresh in the heads and prevent drying of the exposed nozzles.   I tried to research it for you but found their website is non existent but there are a few companies out there selling disc versions of it that are still in stock.   I  can't tell you because i have not used it if it works or  not.  It's $49.99 so not a big risk if it doesn't.

Thanks good luck - Michael

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 11:55:54 am »

I have heard of a program called Harvey Head Cleaner that was built for this purpose, it's a calendarized nozzle check that is set up to keep the ink fresh in the heads and prevent drying of the exposed nozzles.
FWIW, Windows only.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

jrsforums

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 02:02:53 pm »

Qimage Ultimate (Windows only) has a function to exercise/clear nozzles (edit: can be run on a timer, you can set time and frequency, days.  I set two different “papers”.  One exercising photo beach, the other matte...all run on plain paper)

Not sure if Qimage One (Win/Mac) has this yet.  Maybe someone using it or the authors can comment.

John
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 05:13:25 pm by jrsforums »
John

digipub

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 02:29:41 pm »

Thank you everyone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up