Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One camera profile  (Read 3612 times)

Hendrik

• http://www.hendrik-fotografie.nl
Capture One camera profile
« on: September 25, 2006, 04:39:37 am »

With Capture One, (by choice) the camera profile is a attached to the converted image. In my case the D200 profile.

I use this as my working color space in PS and leave the image untouched. My question is, are there any drawbacks? Is it a good color space?

I can convert to sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB, but that means changing the image data. Of course I convert to a normal working color space when I sent the file to another.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 05:21:05 am »

With Capture One, (by choice) the camera profile is a attached to the converted image. In my case the D200 profile.

I use this as my working color space in PS and leave the image untouched. My question is, are there any drawbacks? Is it a good color space?

I can convert to sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB, but that means changing the image data. Of course I convert to a normal working color space when I sent the file to another.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77558\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Depends on what you plan to do with the image in Photoshop. For most operations it is fine to keep the profile. It certainly isn't necessary to convert to any of the usual suspects, but converting to a single working space for all of your images has the advantage of consistency, i.e. adjustments (and the translation to your output device for example) will be predictable regardless of input image. It may also give you some more leeway to adjust colors if at all necessary.

If you change camera in the future, or you have to process images from different sources regularly, you may wish to use a single working space.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Hendrik

• http://www.hendrik-fotografie.nl
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 01:39:44 pm »

Thank you. Workflow issues are no problem for me. I'm the only one working on these images.

As I understand, there are no technical disadvantages?
Pages: [1]   Go Up