Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book for Sale  (Read 417 times)

lnargi1234

Book for Sale
« on: March 17, 2018, 03:32:22 pm »

NEW HAVEN ALMOST THE CAPITAL OF CONNECTICUT is a hard cover book with a dust jacket 10" x 11" landscape, with 53 photographs and 80 pages. The book sells for $39.95 plus $5.00 shipping and tax in CT. My email is Lnargi@sbcglobal.net. ThankYou.-------Gregory Bonemberger wrote the forward. In the sequence of photographs that follows, Lou Nargi looks into the soul of New haven. Instead of accumulating yet another collection of representations of familiar landmarks, he has lovingly portrayed more intimate facets of the city and its inhabitants as they go about their business. Each photograph draws one in with its rich texture and dynamic, dramatic composition. We witness fleeting moments- a glance  into the lives of train passengers as we wonder what they were thinking at that passing instant and whether any of them would remember that ride as well as scenes of a timeless quality-the Forbes Diner portrayed with its diner deco interior could exist as easily today as in 1950. We also see juxtaposition of an active sky against more earthy matters; in one photograph, trucks rumble by under churning clouds; in another, the city spreads out in an atmospheric panorama. Lou's black and white photographs invite wonder and involvement and are a joy to behold. I think you will treasure them as mush as I have.  Gregory Bonemberger
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:58:28 pm by lnargi1234 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up