Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concerned about freezing point of Canon Pigment Inks...?  (Read 857 times)

herminy

Concerned about freezing point of Canon Pigment Inks...?
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:43:52 am »

Hi, there! I am new here on LuLa, and am grateful for all of the info you all share. I recently purchased a Canon Pro 1000 printer (and am loving it!) and have just ordered some replacement ink cartridges by mail. I live in Minnesota and am concerned about this package being out in the cold on trucks and/or sitting on my steps for a few hours in sub-zero temps. One of my orders was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago but was delayed due to a big storm we had, so it may have been just be sitting on a truck outside in the cold for several days! It's not too terrible today, but we have recently had temps down to -11F, so it would be good for me to know how these inks do in really cold temps! Does anyone have any definitive info on this? I sent a note to both Canon and B&H about this, but haven't heard back yet. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Hannah in Minnesota

I.T. Supplies

Re: Concerned about freezing point of Canon Pigment Inks...?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:11:31 pm »

If the inks are frozen upon delivery, let them thaw out for about a day (until you can hear the liquid move easily) and than you can install into the printer.  There should be no issue with the chemicals and we've had many customers in the past go through this with no problem after thawing out.

If the ink doesn't provide proper colors when printing, may want to contact the manufacturer and see if a replacement cartridge is needed since it's under warranty.

Atlex.com

herminy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 12:40:55 pm »

Thank you! I was most concerned about it potentially messing up my print head if the pigment part of the mix changed into something blobby post freezing. I'm hoping that whatever the glycerol content is in the ink, it will keep this from happening. It's good to hear that your customers have not had problems!
Hannah in Minnesota

herminy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:46:46 pm »

For anyone else who searches for info on this, once I got these there is info on the box (Canon Lucia PFI 1000, 80mL tanks) that says they are okay up to 104F and down to -22F, though Canon wrote back and said they shouldn't be kept stored at temps below 32F for extended periods.
Hannah in Minnesota
Pages: [1]   Go Up