Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Article - Sony a7r III Menu System Setup Video  (Read 6884 times)

fotagf8

Re: New Article - Sony a7r III Menu System Setup Video
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 03:06:02 pm »

Thank you very much, particularly the reference to the help guide pdf, which I was unaware of--I only have that the pdf of the little manual on my iPad.  Now I have to rewatch with my camera turned on. 

One thing that would be very helpful for Sony to do:  Let people set up the menu system up using their their computer by picking and choosing and arranging under their own custom-named tabs, and then transfer the resulting menus to the camera.  I would eliminate 75% of the menu items.  Admittedly that is asking for a lot, but having a "switch," in the menu itself that allowed me to eliminate all menu items pertaining to video would be helpful. 

As far as I am concerned, you should feel free to double the annual subscription price for LL after this video.

LeonD

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 06:15:39 pm »

I'm thinking of trying the Sony so I watched part of the video.  Very nice job.

It took me a while but I eventually got the hang of Olympus' menus.  The Sony menus can't be any more confusing the Olympus, can they?   :o

the_luminous_french

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 06:41:49 am »

Many thanks !

Now i need to find an other video about Sony a7r III settings for video...

fotagf8

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:11 am »

Many thanks !

Now i need to find an other video about Sony a7r III settings for video...

I have the Olympus OMD, Mark II, and used the Mark I.  The Olympus menus are much easier and intuitive than the Sony menus.  I'd still buy the Sony (and probably won't replace the Mark II when there is a Mark III), but the difference is light and day.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 11:35:46 am »

Hi,

I absolutely agree!

Best regards
Erik

Thank you very much, particularly the reference to the help guide pdf, which I was unaware of--I only have that the pdf of the little manual on my iPad.  Now I have to rewatch with my camera turned on. 

One thing that would be very helpful for Sony to do:  Let people set up the menu system up using their their computer by picking and choosing and arranging under their own custom-named tabs, and then transfer the resulting menus to the camera.  I would eliminate 75% of the menu items.  Admittedly that is asking for a lot, but having a "switch," in the menu itself that allowed me to eliminate all menu items pertaining to video would be helpful. 

As far as I am concerned, you should feel free to double the annual subscription price for LL after this video.
Erik Kaffehr

foxhole510

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 02:05:46 pm »

Kevin Great job taking on the challenge of going through the A7R3 menu system. Based on the video I made some key changes and now the camera performs faster - thank god Sony has enough quick access buttons and function button menu to make it possible for only rare trips to the 36 pages monstrosity.

I loved your Charley Cramer videos. The ease and pacing of the videos was seductive. You covered a lot with side trips to gear like the wonderful Arca Swiss head and shooting and printing work flow. Chris is a terrific videographer. All the best Steve Baczewski
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up