Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using 3rd party media / profiles with Mirage Print  (Read 1264 times)

Roscolo

Using 3rd party media / profiles with Mirage Print
« on: September 29, 2019, 06:01:08 pm »

I'm doing the Trial version of Mirage Print 4. Printing mostly to Canon ipf8400 and pro4000. Biggest surprise so far, only official Canon media shows in Mirage application even though I have many Custom media installed on my printers. Well, official Canon media represents about 1% of my workflow, lol. Mostly third party media here Lexjet, Innova, Hahnemuhle, etc. So then I see you can add ICC profiles in Mirage settings via "Add Medium" BUT, you have to base that addition on some official Canon media, which I'm sure the various canned profiles have done, but good luck figuring out which ones. I also build my own profiles, and I guess going forward I can build a library to use with Mirage, but I'm probably never going to get that far if this is the only way. Interesting print layout software, but may not be so useful to me as so much of my work is repro of paintings.

Is there no way to add all the extensive profiles / media types and settings I've been using with the Canon print plug-in by adding them all to Mirage as a group?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 06:05:55 pm by Roscolo »

I.T. Supplies

Re: Using 3rd party media / profiles with Mirage Print
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 11:23:03 am »

Maybe give Canon a call so they can assist you.  As long as you have the profiles in the proper directory, any software you use "should" read them; and as long as the RIP reads the printer driver that is.

800-423-2366

The MCT (Media Configuration Tool) that Canon created helps to import profiles (even custom ones) to the computer properly; and you can add/remove theirs from your system easily (minus those that they have locked in).

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Using 3rd party media / profiles with Mirage Print
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 06:41:17 pm »

If you go to the Mirage website dinax.com and in the top left select English and go to ICC Profiles and Media packages then you can download packages for many papers.
To add your own go to Settings / Custom Media and look at some of the supplied profiles and down arrow each then it "may" in the advanced settings tell you what the base paper is.

AFAIK any profile has to have a base paper because the printer needs to know what feeds to use. It also affects the profile. There may be a way to make your own media packages.

Epson are a pain here in that they supply papers like Epson Hot Press Natural in rolls with feeds that do not include rolls. So you can not select roll paper even through it is loaded. I had to pick another base paper to use. It seems to work OK but in the long term I need to get a profile made. If anyone knows someone useful in Epson support that would be great as so far my enquiries have not been responded to on this.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:58:07 pm by BobShaw »
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up